discussion of courseload during interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halitosis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
there's plenty of stories about ppl being interrogated about blemishes on the transcript during an interv. has anyone being interrogated about slightly subpar courseload during interv. i have slightly subpar courseload for half of my college years....they never said anything about that during my interv. does that mean i'm off the hook in regards to c.load? or could they bring it up later during final review? that's phuck'd up if they do that.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how close yoru interviewer looks at your transcript. At most of my interviews, they had not even looked at half the classes I had taken. I would have been suprised if they asked me, "Why did you only take twelve credits this semester?" Sometimes you just need to be happy that they have glanced at your file before they interview you.

Halitosis said:
there's plenty of stories about ppl being interrogated about blemishes on the transcript during an interv. has anyone being interrogated about slightly subpar courseload during interv. i have slightly subpar courseload for half of my college years....they never said anything about that during my interv. does that mean i'm off the hook in regards to c.load? or could they bring it up later during final review? that's phuck'd up if they do that.

Actually I was asked during a couple of my interviews this very question... since I'm currently taking 9 cr hrs and I began taking my science pre-reqs slowly, not all in a "wham". I had 3 semesters of full-time science courses with straight A's, so when I pointed this out, then it seemed to reassure them. Also the classes I'm taking now are not even pre-reqs, they are just to strengthen my application and to give me a small "boost" while in d-school. So far, out of 4 interviews, I have received 3 offers... so this obviously has not been a huge issue, although the one school who didn't offer me might as well have issues concerning this very thing. Who knows?