Discuss:Some wrong answers in (part 1)1N relesed exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelvinsng

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
126). difference mandibular and maxillar premolars?
Ans: C
mandibular premolars have crowns tilted to the facial.

I thought it's jut reverse. googled the evidence:
Woelfel's dental anatomy:http://books.google.com/books?id=iVGbPei7gZ4C&pg=PT525&lpg=PT525&dq=mandibular+premolars+tilt+to+the+facial&source=bl&ots=Zf_uDcZIXu&sig=2iYyhAqvH4WCA_SGb2jVzNMDk8w&hl=en&ei=n3n8S4ufDIa69QTAoJ2kBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=mandibular%20premolars%20tilt%20to%20the%20facial&f=false
2) 41. A should be the answer instend of C.

Am I right? lets discuss it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Woelfel's dental anatomy:http://books.google.com/books?id=iVGbPei7gZ4C&pg=PT525&lpg=PT525&dq=mandibular+premolars+tilt+to+the+facial&source=bl&ots=Zf_uDcZIXu&sig=2iYyhAqvH4WCA_SGb2jVzNMDk8w&hl=en&ei=n3n8S4ufDIa69QTAoJ2kBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=mandibular%20premolars%20tilt%20to%20the%20facial&f=false

finally ders someone wid a MORE useful thread like this....:thumbup:..i definately agree to ur answer......i just solved tht question and was confused...exam in a week.........keep up the good work:D

finally ders someone wid a MORE useful thread like this....:thumbup:..i definately agree to ur answer......i just solved tht question and was confused...exam in a week.........keep up the good work:D

hi dere my exam is in a week...can u plz post d link 4 n series...plz plz plz post d link 4 n series

continued: 129 maybe also has a problem.
C:mercury poisoning also right
wiki: Common symptoms of mercury poisoning include peripheral neuropathy (presenting as paresthesia or itching, burning or pain), skin discoloration (pink cheeks, fingertips and toes), swelling, and desquamation (shedding of skin).

if the question asked most associated with....... then maybe A is the only one rgiht?

Members don't see this ad :)

Woelfel's dental anatomy:http://books.google.com/books?id=iV...ndibular premolars tilt to the facial&f=false

hi the answer is wrong.. as u said... it should be answer C for 126

but for 41 i think the answer is correct. C.

pl confirm if u have explanation for 41.

can anyone tell me how citrate is related to phosphofructokinase?? i mean it inhibits pfk but how??

i am talking about que. 124 in N series.

reply quick guys .. exam is coming up for me.

can anyone tell me how citrate is related to phosphofructokinase?? i mean it inhibits pfk but how??

i am talking about que. 124 in N series.

reply quick guys .. exam is coming up for me.

1. PFK is the rate-limiting enzyme of glycolysis; Glycolysis happens in cytosol.
2. The function of Glycolysis is to generate ATP(Anaerobically or the first step of aerobic oxidation). So when there is not enough ATP in the cell, glycolysis activity is up and vice versa: Enough ATP in the cell will inhibit glycolysis<-------by inhibiting PFK.
3. ATP is also generated by Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle (from carbs, fatty acids and AA) in the mitochondria. When the cell doesn't need too much ATP, Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle slows down, citrate gets out of mitochondria (citrate is the only thing can get out of mitochondria freely).Excess ATP---->Excess citrate in the cytosol--->inhibit PFK----> so the less glucose is utilized to generate ATP.

Hope this can help.

Good luck on your exam.

1. PFK is the rate-limiting enzyme of glycolysis; Glycolysis happens in cytosol.
2. The function of Glycolysis is to generate ATP(Anaerobically or the first step of aerobic oxidation). So when there is not enough ATP in the cell, glycolysis activity is up and vice versa: Enough ATP in the cell will inhibit glycolysis<-------by inhibiting PFK.
3. ATP is also generated by Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle (from carbs, fatty acids and AA) in the mitochondria. When the cell doesn't need too much ATP, Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle slows down, citrate gets out of mitochondria (citrate is the only thing can get out of mitochondria freely).Excess ATP---->Excess citrate in the cytosol--->inhibit PFK----> so the less glucose is utilized to generate ATP.

Hope this can help.

Good luck on your exam.

wow awesome explanation.. thanks a lot happyk...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

can anyone tell me what is hysterical hyperventillation?? i mean i am referring to 163 Q in N series. it says hysterical hyperventillation causes respiratory alkalosis . but i did not understood how it suddenly decrease IONIZED calcium.. i mean alkalosis has to do with hydrogen, bicarbonate ion.. mainly... and why only ionized calcium ????

can anyone tell me what is hysterical hyperventillation?? i mean i am referring to 163 Q in N series. it says hysterical hyperventillation causes respiratory alkalosis . but i did not understood how it suddenly decrease IONIZED calcium.. i mean alkalosis has to do with hydrogen, bicarbonate ion.. mainly... and why only ionized calcium ????

Alkalosis--->more bicarbonate ions in the blood--->binds to free calcium ions to form precipitated calcium bicarbonate(means it doesn't disolve in the blood)-->free calcium ions decrease.

ok thanks..

i have minor confusion in dental anatomy...

can anyone tell me which teeth has mesiolingual developmental groove??
i know mandibular 1st PM has ML developmental groove.
how about maxillary 1st PM?????????? is it there??

more i need little verification from u guys...

maxillary 1st pm and also maxillary 1st molar has distal concavity has mesial concavity which is to be taken into consideration while root planning . am i correct????

and which is the most distinguishable feature to differentiate between max 1st and 2nd permolar??
1. number of roots
2. mesiolingual developmental groove
3. lingual cusp height
4. central groove and occlusal table

i think max 1st PM has develepmental groove mesio lingually. correct me if i am wrong.. and what will be the answer for this???

plz reply

ok thanks..

i have minor confusion in dental anatomy...

can anyone tell me which teeth has mesiolingual developmental groove??
i know mandibular 1st PM has ML developmental groove.
how about maxillary 1st PM?????????? is it there??

Maxillary 1st premolar has mesial marginal development groove. It crosses the mesial marginal ridge and ends on mesial surface.

more i need little verification from u guys...

maxillary 1st pm and also maxillary 1st molar has distal concavity has mesial concavity which is to be taken into consideration while root planning . am i correct????

and which is the most distinguishable feature to differentiate between max 1st and 2nd permolar??
1. number of roots <----Answer
2. mesiolingual developmental groove
3. lingual cusp height
4. central groove and occlusal table

i think max 1st PM has develepmental groove mesio lingually. correct me if i am wrong.. and what will be the answer for this???

plz reply

Hope this can help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope this can help you.

so maxillary 1st PM has mesiolingual developmental groove?? or not??:sleep::sleep:

i am asking twice as in old decks its given that there is mesiolingual developmental groove where as new decks says tht only mandibular 1st PM has it. noone of the maxillary PM...

Last edited:
so maxillary 1st PM has mesiolingual developmental groove?? or not??:sleep::sleep:

i am asking twice as in old decks its given that there is mesiolingual developmental groove where as new decks says tht only mandibular 1st PM has it. noone of the maxillary PM...

On the maxillary 1st premolar, it is called: MESIAL MARGINAL GROOVE. It is not mesial lingual groove.

Hi guys...i think the answer of questn no. 187 (I-N series)is also wrong..its C..but in the previous papers(I-C series) its given D..wats ur opinion guys?

Hi guys...i think the answer of questn no. 187 (I-N series)is also wrong..its C..but in the previous papers(I-C series) its given D..wats ur opinion guys?

Second that!The answer is D.In all molars,pulp canals do join the pulp chamber apical to CEJ.

question no .157.
the total no. of premolars in one arch of dentition is normally the same as the total no. of which of the following?
1.primary premolars in one arch
2.canines in primary dentition ............ans( which is wrong,it shud be 3!)
3.molars in primary dentition
4.permanent molars in one quadrant
5.permanent anterior teeth in one quadrant

agree with ur ans.
question no .157.
the total no. of premolars in one arch of dentition is normally the same as the total no. of which of the following?

question no .157.

Hi,

The premolars in one arch of dentition are 4.The first and second premolars on the right and left side.Their number is equal to canines in primary dentition which are 4.Primary right and left maxillary and mandibular canines.How is it 3???I am surprised!

make you smile you are right it's only in one arch so it's canine in primary dentition right answer you are correct

Hi,

The premolars in one arch of dentition are 4.The first and second premolars on the right and left side.Their number is equal to canines in primary dentition which are 4.Primary right and left maxillary and mandibular canines.How is it 3???I am surprised!

thanks for pointing it out ........mistake in reading the question, hope i dont make this silly mistake in exam! i am glad that i posted to have this doubt cleared!

oops, thanks a lot for correcting, i mistook arch as a quadrant, i am bad in understanding questions :(.

Hi,

Thanks for correcting ,,it makes sense :)
By the way why the ADA dont have the correction or why they dont post them !!! who knows !! hummmmmm ,,what if that question appear in real Exam !will u go with the correction or as is !! some people r goin with it as is !

hey wdent, u are misunderstanding, the answer given by ASDA is correct, it was misread by me and other sdner and we were considering answer was wrong. one of the sdners has clearly explained it and answer given by asda is right.

Thanks for correcting ,,it makes sense :)
By the way why the ADA dont have the correction or why they dont post them !!! who knows !! hummmmmm ,,what if that question appear in real Exam !will u go with the correction or as is !! some people r goin with it as is !

Hey Teethie
But the answer for Quest 157 is wrong given by asda !!!
the correct one is number ( 3 )
It says ARCH it means the whole jaw,,not quadrant..
Or maybe iam confused now ..!!!!!!!!!

wdent, question says one arch so it can be either max arch or
mand arch. it does not mean whole jaw.
one arch will have 4 premolars which will be equivalent to 4 canines of primary dentition.(both upper and lower)
hope i am cleared..

Hey Teethie
But the answer for Quest 157 is wrong given by asda !!!
the correct one is number ( 3 )
It says ARCH it means the whole jaw,,not quadrant..
Or maybe iam confused now ..!!!!!!!!!

Teethie...yes now i know what ur talkin about :) ... oh my god i could have got it wrong in the actual exam !!!i guess we need to read the Quest.veryyyyyyyy carefuly
Thanks For clearin it...

So what i understand that the whole I-N paper is correct ???????????????

what about question number number 126 ??
Which of the following differenciate the Mand. premolar from Max. premolar?Mand.premolar :
c.Have crowns tilted to the facial ??? not lingual rite?!!!

Thanks in adavance!

no wdent, for the question #126, i think choice was printed incorrectly.
answer choice should have been crowns tilted to lingual.
mand premolar crowns are tilted lingually not facially. this is anatomy so we can not go wrong with the concept.

Teethie...yes now i know what ur talkin about :) ... oh my god i could have got it wrong in the actual exam !!!i guess we need to read the Quest.veryyyyyyyy carefuly
Thanks For clearin it...

So what i understand that the whole I-N paper is correct ???????????????

what about question number number 126 ??
Which of the following differenciate the Mand. premolar from Max. premolar?Mand.premolar :
c.Have crowns tilted to the facial ??? not lingual rite?!!!

Thanks in adavance!

what part of of the nephron is the most hyperosmotic??
Im thinking proximal convoluted tubule b/c pretty much all the electrolytes, glusose absorption occur there.. but Im not sure, my 2nd option is ascending loop, since only Na is taken there. let me know
thanks

this is what i could understand:
The​
descending limb is water permeable, increasing the osmolarity of the tubular fluid.
The​
ascending limb is impermeable to water, decreasing the tubular fluid osmolarity.

pl correct me if wrong.

Im thinkingproximal convoluted tubule b/c pretty much all the electrolytes, glusose absorption occur there.. but Im not sure, my 2nd option is ascending loop, since only Na is taken there. let me know
thanks

Im thinking proximal convoluted tubule b/c pretty much all the electrolytes, glusose absorption occur there.. but Im not sure, my 2nd option is ascending loop, since only Na is taken there. let me know
thanks

@cuspofcarebelli
From what is written above, which part of NEPHRON, it means the fluid in which part of the nephron is most HYPEROSMOTIC?
after all the salts and glucose are reabsorbed the remaining is in the tubules , since the water is present till the ascending limb of Loop of Henle ( as it is impermeable) so all the water is finally reabsorbed in the DCT and Collecting duct, so the fluid in this segment would be most hyperosmotic.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Some one please answer this

In which part of the mandibular molar does the Cusp of carebelli of perm, maxi 1 molar occlude in ICP.

Please answer, 68 ques
Longest cusp in the mouth is present on the

A. MAXI CEN INCISOR
B. MANDI LATERAL INCISOR
c.maxillary canine.
Dmandibular canine.

the ans is C
But longest cusp is mandi canine, longest tooth is maxillary canine?

ur answer is rite lathe ,it should be mandibular canine only.

Last edited:
ur answer is rite lathe ,it should be mandibular canine only.

Hi pb2007,

Are you very sure?This question has been asked in a paper previous to N series.Even in that paper key the answer is maxillary canine.Do you think they could have given it wrongly given it in 2 keys?I too was under the impression that the cusp of mandibular canine is the longest.Atleast it looks like that in my mouth!:laugh:

u r right, only the crown of mand canine is longest but the qs said what cusp is the longest ( which is weird )- so I believe the best ans there is max canine since it is the longest tooth. thats my personal opinion.

Hi pb2007,

Are you very sure?This question has been asked in a paper previous to N series.Even in that paper key the answer is maxillary canine.Do you think they could have given it wrongly given it in 2 keys?I too was under the impression that the cusp of mandibular canine is the longest.Atleast it looks like that in my mouth!:laugh:[/QUO
this is what i found out in wheelers
the crowns of mandibular canine appear longer .sumtimes they are longer but the effect of greater lenght is emphasized by the narrowness of the crown mesiodistallyand the height of the contact areas above the cervix.
according to this explanation may be its maxillary canine but we all kno that mandibular canine has tallest crown incisogingivally .
may be cuspofcarabelli is rite better to pick safe choice .
i'm confused now :confused:
hopefully sumone else clears it .

Since the ascending limb of the loop of Henle consists of epithelium containing many tight junctions impermeable to water, this creates a hypoosmolar solution in the tubular fluid and a hyperosmolar fluid in the interstitium.

Since the descending limb of the loop of henle consists of very leaky epithelium, the fluid inside the descending limb becomes hyperosmolar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countercurrent_multiplication

ddsaspi, please clarify this more. i am confused with interstital osmolarity and tubular osmolarity.

Im thinkingproximal convoluted tubule b/c pretty much all the electrolytes, glusose absorption occur there.. but Im not sure, my 2nd option is ascending loop, since only Na is taken there. let me know
thanks

anyone knows the ans for this q?
cryps of Lieberkuhn are in what layer of small intestine?? I think muscularis externa but not sure
thanks

do u have choices for this ques ddsaspi??

no i don't have choices for the answers ,as i came across the Qn long back and was drawing my own conclusions ever since, so it"ll be a great favour if any senior members can come up with correct answer and explanation.

Since the ascending limb of the loop of Henle consists of epithelium containing many tight junctions impermeable to water, this creates a hypoosmolar solution in the tubular fluid and a hyperosmolar fluid in the interstitium.

Since the descending limb of the loop of henle consists of very leaky epithelium, the fluid inside the descending limb becomes hyperosmolar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countercurrent_multiplication

ddsaspi, please clarify this more. i am confused with interstital osmolarity and tubular osmolarity.

So am I, since it could be both of these , but as far as i can understand when talking of the nephron, it consists of the whole tubular structure, whilst the interstitium and the capillary network like vasa recta is surrounding it. Hence i concluded the answer with tubular osmolarity.

in case it was dealing with interstitial osmolarity then PCT would be the answer.