Discrimination in School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheREALoptometrist2015

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was/is as much discrimination in other schools as there is in IAUPR. IAUPR professors are biased towards Puerto Ricans shown by the amount of rewards given exclusively to undeserving Puerto Rican students who cheated like the 9 who graduated today, I thought it was shameful that I left the graduation early today. They discriminate against the "gringos" and badmouth them all the time change their grades if they question the professors, There were many parents and students heard complaining at the rewards dinner about how all the rewards were mainly given to their own. Many parents and family wondered how dedicated the school is to the success of other non PR students. I kept my mouth shut but any alum will tell you they don't give a hoot about anyone other than their own, its sad that they only care about a small portion of their schools population, when a large part of their ability to function and stay open is due to non-natives. Is this an issue in other schools or Is IAUPR special???

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there was/is as much discrimination in other schools as there is in IAUPR. IAUPR professors are biased towards Puerto Ricans shown by the amount of rewards given exclusively to undeserving Puerto Rican students who cheated like the 9 who graduated today, I thought it was shameful that I left the graduation early today. They discriminate against the "gringos" and badmouth them all the time change their grades if they question the professors, There were many parents and students heard complaining at the rewards dinner about how all the rewards were mainly given to their own. Many parents and family wondered how dedicated the school is to the success of other students. Is this an issue in other schools or Is IAUPR special???
I just want to watch the trainwreck

Reactions: 1 user
I just want to watch the trainwreck
its a train wreck for sure, we can only open that the ACOE takes note of all the complaints filled a few months ago and finally shuts it down. like one student said, these people probably wouldn't be able to get hired anywhere if they left PR they dont have the skill or professionalism to function in the real world.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
its a train wreck for sure, we can only open that the ACOE takes note of all the complaints filled a few months ago and finally shuts it down. like one student said, these people probably wouldn't be able to get hired anywhere if they left PR they dont have the skill or professionalism to function in the real world. Fingers crossed they dont become a 51st state. They are a drain on the economy as is with all their welfare.
This thread is the trainwreck I referenced

This thread is the trainwreck I referenced
doubt anyone students from the school will respond, they are scared of the school at this point. admin are super vindictive at that school. the hate to be told the truth and will go to any length to shut up truth tellers. ANY length.

its a train wreck for sure, we can only open that the ACOE takes note of all the complaints filled a few months ago and finally shuts it down. like one student said, these people probably wouldn't be able to get hired anywhere if they left PR they dont have the skill or professionalism to function in the real world. Fingers crossed they dont become a 51st state. They are a drain on the economy as is with all their welfare.

I can appreciate your frustration with IAUPR but I don’t think a professional should disparage an entire population. Your comments are inappropriate given the current suffering of the population of Puerto Rico.
It seems like you have a lot of resentment towards the school. You should file a complaint with the appropriate agency and let them investigate your claims.

Reactions: 1 users
I can appreciate your frustration with IAUPR but I don’t think a professional should disparage an entire population. Your comments are inappropriate given the current suffering of the population of Puerto Rico.
It seems like you have a lot of resentment towards the school. You should file a complaint with the appropriate agency and let them investigate your claims.
the issues with that school have gone on long enough, they have nothing to do with whats going on on the island. you can't tell me its fair to not recognize the efforts of students who worked hard and didn't cheat their way through because they are not of a certain ethnicity.

Reactions: 1 user
also the deans of the school KNOW and encouraged cheating of their own. Straight from their own mouths after meeting with the dean of student affairs she told them they needed to do whatever it takes to beat out the Canadians (who are the best students the school has by far). trust me its been reported to the proper agency along with video evidence and student accounts of the racism they have received from the school. people are finally speaking out about what goes on there. investigation on going. its starts at the top. profs hands are tied they can't do anything about the cheating bc admin wants to push their own agenda.

I was wondering if there was/is as much discrimination in other schools as there is in IAUPR. IAUPR professors are biased towards Puerto Ricans shown by the amount of rewards given exclusively to undeserving Puerto Rican students who cheated like the 9 who graduated today, I thought it was shameful that I left the graduation early today. They discriminate against the "gringos" and badmouth them all the time change their grades if they question the professors, There were many parents and students heard complaining at the rewards dinner about how all the rewards were mainly given to their own. Many parents and family wondered how dedicated the school is to the success of other non PR students. I kept my mouth shut but any alum will tell you they don't give a hoot about anyone other than their own, its sad that they only care about a small portion of their schools population, when a large part of their ability to function and stay open is due to non-natives. Is this an issue in other schools or Is IAUPR special???
You think they discriminate and condemn them for it, huh? Well one all of what you are saying is TOTALLY FALSE..for starters. First off, you are the one saying discriminatory and racist statements. Second, they dont favor anyone they award those you work hard and thats it. I graduated last year and i still have a good relationship with my profs and i am NOT puerto rican not even close. Why if you hate them so much were you even there? They have never condoned cheating from ANYONE, ever. There is no need to single out some pretty amazing people because you dont like them and why criticize the school that gave you the ability to be an OD. These are great people and a great school with very caring and amazing doctors. they continue to encourage me even though i have had some major setbacks through school and even worse setbacks after leaving. Those students are amazing kids who deserved whatever was awarded to them from their hard work. Move on with your life and stop this unnecessary discrimination of the school and its students. thanks

Reactions: 1 users
You think they discriminate and condemn them for it, huh? Well one all of what you are saying is TOTALLY FALSE..for starters. First off, you are the one saying discriminatory and racist statements. Second, they dont favor anyone they award those you work hard and thats it. I graduated last year and i still have a good relationship with my profs and i am NOT puerto rican not even close. Why if you hate them so much were you even there? They have never condoned cheating from ANYONE, ever. There is no need to single out some pretty amazing people because you dont like them and why criticize the school that gave you the ability to be an OD. These are great people and a great school with very caring and amazing doctors. they continue to encourage me even though i have had some major setbacks through school and even worse setbacks after leaving. Those students are amazing kids who deserved whatever was awarded to them from their hard work. Move on with your life and stop this unnecessary discrimination of the school and its students. thanks
sounds like a disgruntled alum who is upset the didn't earn an award over someone and are looking to justify it by lashing out with ridiculous and racist reasons, I pray to god this person never finds a job in the field

sounds like a disgruntled alum who is upset the didn't earn an award over someone and are looking to justify it by lashing out with ridiculous and racist reasons, I pray to god this person never finds a job in the field

well my post was saying to not be disrespectful. but this post is kinda off as well. just let that person be bitter and think what they want. But dont wish ill on others, it speaks volumes about you as a person. Let them be little. When they go low (which they do so well) you go high. dont lower yourself to "realoptoms' level. Alum know the truth about how the school functions and that these claims are all false.