Discouraged. Is Board Buster good enough? Any who passed help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anthonydraco

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an international student, already working as a dentist in a different country for almost 10 years, and I've decided to start to study for NDBE. For now, I got the NDBE I app and Dentin (Dental Board Buster). The book has some 430 pages and I've decided to do 10 pages a day. I'm trying to test myself with the NDBE apps occasionally, and I'm starting to feel discouraged. The app questions seem to go a lot more in-depth than Dentin, and I'm struggling as it is. Do the actual exams go that deep into the specifics? I heard they do. Some advice please?

Members don't see this ad.

Buy the ASDA ADA released exams. Those are actual released exams and will tell you the relative amount of detail you need. Here is the link.

Reactions: 1 user
The actual exam can go pretty deep into specifics, but most questions are not that detailed - you sort of need to accept a small percentage of questions will be super specific and difficult to answer regardless of how well you prepare.

I had the Dentin book but didn't use it much - I found the presentation of the material (large paragraphs, little imagery, not too tightly organized) wasn't too good for my studying style. But as far as level of detail goes I think First Aid, Decks, and Dentin are all pretty much the same and more than enough for content review. NBDE mastery app is good for practice as you're reviewing material and I think the released exams are by far the most important thing to review.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for your input. I am hesitant to buy the bulk of old exam questions because it's rather expensive in my currency. I can't do much with them right now anyway, since I don't yet have the complete knowledge to tackle them, and the papers would only make my jump off the cliff. But I guess I'll have to get them once I'm done with overall revision.

Reactions: 1 user
Did Dentin, mastery app and some old exams.

I preferred dentin to decks.