Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k2on3hru

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What would you do if you were in my situation?

Situation: I have been working at a lab for over 2 years now, and received a publication from the lab. So during the semester, I applied for a grant (7 are awarded in the state and worth $5000) and had no hopes of getting it. With that in mind, I emailed a professor at a top 10 medical school to see if there was any way I could get involved in some research that was medically related. (My first lab was more biotech based, but it was still wet lab). After some time, I actually did end up receiving the position at the medical school and I found out that the P.I. at the medical school might actually win the nobel prize soon (He has already won the shaw prize ("nobel of the east")). Well, now I found out that I actually did ended up getting the grant and that requires me to finish 400 hours of research at my old lab. If you were in my situation, would you accept the grant or would you go and work for the person at the medical school?

Thank you for your help....I really need to figure out what to do soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know how to delete it from here :( SORRY

Take whatever you think you will enjoy more and pay you more. Your not the one winning a nobel.