Digital Blood Pressure Cuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iXplore

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here use Digital Blood Pressure cuffs? Which one is the most reliable and accepted? I know the brand "Omron" is highly regarded.

Which brand and model do people here recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone here use Digital Blood Pressure cuffs? Which one is the most reliable and accepted? I know the brand "Omron" is highly regarded.

Which brand and model do people here recommend?

Isn't doing it manually the best?

I've used different types but notice that the readings may vary on different machines as much as 20 especially for the systolic when used in the same patient who has been lying down for the past 1 hour

I know that for a lot of the electronic cuffs, the SBP is calculated rather than measured directly. And my impression is that while the ones that we use at the hospital are pretty good, the retail ones are variable, though Omron is supposed to be good. In any event, if you're looking to monitor trends in BP on yourself, I'd think just using the same cuff under the same conditions would be the most important thing. If this is for out in practice, though, it really should be a manual cuff.