Difficulty finding a program....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raquel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After shadowing several times and going back & forth in my mind, I decided to take the leap and apply. Unfortunately, I missed the deadline of my first choice, SUNY Downstate. I have inquired about York and was told that they only offer the combined BS/MS degree. Most schools seem to have the combo as opposed to just the MS, which is what I am looking for. NYIT has a crazy amount of prerequisites that I would never be able to complete by May. My only options seem to be Columbia or NYU (earned BS. there), but the tuition is insane.

Are there any other downstate NY programs that I am missing who offer the Masters?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am in my 30s and OT would be a second career. After shadowing several times and going back & forth in my mind, I decided to take the leap and apply. Unfortunately, I missed the deadline of my first choice, SUNY Downstate. I have inquired about York and was told that they only offer the combined BS/MS degree. Most schools seem to have the combo as opposed to just the MS, which is what I am looking for. NYIT has a crazy amount of prerequisites that I would never be able to complete by May. My only options seem to be Columbia or NYU (earned BS. there), but the tuition is insane.

Are there any other downstate NY programs that I am missing who offer the Masters?

Hi Im a Student at SUNY Downstate Just some advice I would wait one more year before applying if you already have a BA since combined degree programs take about 3-4 years to complete. If you can wait one more year it would be worth it.