Difference in SB and CARS Qpacks after 3 months

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So, I did all of the AAMC material (except the practice exams) between November and the end of December as an initial "familiarization" to get an idea of the MCAT format/question style before I started my true and dedicated MCAT studying.

With less than 2 weeks until my real test, I have reset all of the SB and CARS Qpacks and have been taking them now and reviewing thoroughly. First go round I was scoring low 60% and am now scoring high 80s. While I know I should take the improvement with a grain of salt because I have taken all of these before, 3 months should e enough time to forget and justify this improvement as a true improvement, correct?

I am not having answers 'jump' to me like I just remember them, I am still explaining my answers to myself before I pick them. So that means the improvement is a good thing, right?

Members don't see this ad.

While I know I should take the improvement with a grain of salt because I have taken all of these before, 3 months should e enough time to forget and justify this improvement as a true improvement, correct?

I'm not sure if this applies because everyone's recollection rates are different. But I wouldn't get too fixed on it. It's good to practice from AAMC resources a few times to really nail down the reasoning because it's the AAMC who writes the MCAT. Rather than trying to analyze whether you truly improved and try to forecast what you'll get, just spend the time really trying to master the reasoning and thought processes that will be essential on test day.

Reactions: 1 user
While I know I should take the improvement with a grain of salt because I have taken all of these before, 3 months should e enough time to forget and justify this improvement as a true improvement, correct?

I wouldn't trust it but it depends on your memory. Even if you don't remember it explicitly, your intuition might lean you towards some answers - especially if you reviewed the answers in depth after your first take.

Are you using it to decide on a test date reschedule or just putting your nerves at ease?

I wouldn't trust it but it depends on your memory. Even if you don't remember it explicitly, your intuition might lean you towards some answers - especially if you reviewed the answers in depth after your first take.
Nah, I didn't review back in December. Just did them to see how I would do.

But i guess at least picking up some internal AAMC based intuition is good, right? If my intuition can match what AAMC is going for.

Members don't see this ad :)

Are you using it to decide on a test date reschedule or just putting your nerves at ease?
Just putting my nerves at ease. I am confident going in to the real deal next Friday. My AAMC FLs have plateaued, but the plateau is between a 516 and a 519. I am just doing the Section banks as last minute review, will be doing the Sample Test this weekend, and will spend Sunday through Wednesday of next week reviewing all 4 of the FLs again.

But i guess at least picking up some internal AAMC based intuition is good, right? If my intuition can match what AAMC is going for.

Well it depends on if your intuition is based on your memory of taking the test before. If you've ever seen the movie "Memento" watch the part where they test Sammy's intuition.

Just putting my nerves at ease. I am confident going in to the real deal next Friday. My AAMC FLs have plateaued, but the plateau is between a 516 and a 519. I am just doing the Section banks as last minute review, will be doing the Sample Test this weekend, and will spend Sunday through Wednesday of next week reviewing all 4 of the FLs again.

In that case, study as much a possible while maintaining a good sleep schedule between now and then. Then, go in confident that there was nothing else you could do and it is what it is. :)