diff between north indian girls and south girls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

data

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. At the time of marriage, a north Indian girl has more boyfriends than her age.

2. Before marriage, she looks almost like a bollywood heroine and after marriage you have to go around her twice to completely hug her.

3. By the time she professes her undevoted love to you, you are bankrupt because of the number of times you had to take her out to movie theatres and restaurants. And you wait longingly for her dowry.

4. The only dishes she can think of to cook is paneer butter masala, aloo sabji, aloo gobi sabji, aloo matar, aloo paneer, that after eating all those paneer and aloos you are either in the bed with chronic cholestrol or chronic gas disorder.

5. The only growth that you see later in your career is the rise in your monthly phone bill.

6. You are blinded by her love that you think that she is a blonde. Only later do you come to know that it is because of the mehandhi that she applies to cover her gray hair.

7. When you come home from office she is very busy watching "Kyonki saas bhi kabi bahu thi" that you either end up eating outside or cooking yourself.

8. You are a very "ESpecial" person to her.

9. She always thought that Madras is a state and covers the whole of south india until she met you.

10. When she says she is going to "work out" she means she is going to "walk out"

11. She has greater number of relatives than the number of people you have in your home town.

12. The only two sentences in English that she knows are "Thank you" and "How are you"

13. She thinks Govinda can dance better than Michael Jackson.

******WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A South Indian GIRL as WIFE***********

1.Her mother looks down at you because you didn't study in IIT or Madras /Anna University.

2. Her father starts or ends every conversation with " ... I say..."

3. She shudders if you use four letter words.

4. She has long hair, neatly oiled and braided (The Dubai based Oil Well Company will negotiate with her on a 25 year contract to extract coconutoil from her hair.)

5. She uses the word 'Super' as her only superlative.

6. Her name is another name for a Goddess or a flower.

7. Her first name is longer than your first name, middle name and surname combined (unless you are from Andhra)

8. When she mixes milk/curd and rice you are never sure whether it is for the Dog or for herself.

9. For weddings, she sports a mini jasmine garden on her head and wears silk saris in the Madras heat without looking too uncomfortable while you are melting in your singlet.

10. She thinks Mohan Lal is the sexiest man alive.

11. Her favourite cricketer is Krishnamachari Srikkanth.

12. Her favourite food is dosa though she has tried North Indian snacks like Chats (pronounced like the slang for 'conversation')

13. She bursts into songs with her cousins in every movie.

14. She bores you by telling you which raaga each song you hear is based on.

15. You have to give her jewellery, though she has already got plenty of it ..

16. Her thali (Mangal Sutra) weighs more than the championship belts worn by WWF wrestlers.

17. She is more educated than you.

18. Her father thinks she is much smarter than you..

So..it's always better to be alone and enjoy ur life !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

From your first list of northie-girls, #4 explains #2 :laugh: .

(who ever heard of paneer BUTTER masala???)

1. At the time of marriage, a north Indian girl has more boyfriends than her age.
Mmm not ALWAYS true

2. Before marriage, she looks almost like a bollywood heroine and after marriage you have to go around her twice to completely hug her.
HAHA not true AT ALL, well maybe in some cases?

3. By the time she professes her undevoted love to you, you are bankrupt because of the number of times you had to take her out to movie theatres and restaurants. And you wait longingly for her dowry.
No excuses on this one, gotta have your pockets overflowing

4. The only dishes she can think of to cook is paneer butter masala, aloo sabji, aloo gobi sabji, aloo matar, aloo paneer, that after eating all those paneer and aloos you are either in the bed with chronic cholestrol or chronic gas disorder.
jeez, there are MANY more dishes than that. Did you almost forget non vegetarian foods and the various tadkaa dals?

5. The only growth that you see later in your career is the rise in your monthly phone bill.
Sure..

6. You are blinded by her love that you think that she is a blonde. Only later do you come to know that it is because of the mehandhi that she applies to cover her gray hair.
Haha, yeap so true, mehendi is a fav to north indian girls, be it palms or hair :laugh:
7. When you come home from office she is very busy watching "Kyonki saas bhi kabi bahu thi" that you either end up eating outside or cooking yourself.
I burst out laughing on this one..My mom goes crazy about those soap operas...its interesting at my house around that time :laugh:
Donno about this one ? :idea:
9. She always thought that Madras is a state and covers the whole of south india until she met you.
ok...??
10. When she says she is going to "work out" she means she is going to "walk out"
LOL

11. She has greater number of relatives than the number of people you have in your home town.
:p
12. The only two sentences in English that she knows are "Thank you" and "How are you"
that was way back in the 17th century.
13. She thinks Govinda can dance better than Michael Jackson.
you can replace that with amitabh..my mom is crazy about him not govinda , i am not a govinda fan...:confused:
:idea:
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
priyanka said:
Donno about this one ? :idea:

That's something us CBCDs (or ABCDs for the yanks) can hear when desis come over here (it's more of an accent thing).

priyanka said:
Mmm not ALWAYS true
no thats true nothie girls are slutty

So this post is not offensive but my post about the sambar of 69 was highly offensive? something is seriously wrong here.

I am an equal opportunity institution when it comes to women.... I want women of all kinds may they be from north, south or another continent. :love: :love: :love: hmmmmm vimmen :love: :love: :love:

data said:
priyanka said:
Mmm not ALWAYS true
no thats true nothie girls are slutty
don't be bitter just cus you're not getting any from any north indian girls. :smuggrin:

Why are we desis segregating ourselves even more? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't get it.

shivalrous said:
Why are we desis segregating ourselves even more? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't get it.
It happens man. Unfortunately, some people don't consider brown being brown. In Canadian unis at least, the brown people start segregating themselves by religion, language, and country. Because of this, I rarely fit in anywhere :( (and when I was seen with certain people, they mistook me for being Punjabi, Tamil, Iranian, or Latino [this is another story]).

shivalrous said:

I don't get it.

I agree

data said:
4. She has long hair, neatly oiled and braided (The Dubai based Oil Well Company will negotiate with her on a 25 year contract to extract coconutoil from her hair.)

So..it's always better to be alone and enjoy ur life !!!!

I know an apartment full of Hyderabaadi college students. Every weekend they make this concoction of mehndi, eggs, etc and incubate their hair in it. Following an incubation and wash, the hair is oiled and braided. They don't go out on weekends at all, just study,do hair incubations, and watch Telugu movies. To their credit, they have straight A's and really nice hair!

How does being alone equal enjoyment for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was once invited for dinner by a Telugu guy. There were 25 other Telugus. For 2 hours and 30 mins,they spoke non stop in Telugu. Not a single word of English or Hindi. I have never felt so insulted in my life.

BDS-DMD said:
I was once invited for dinner by a Telugu guy. There were 25 other Telugus. For 2 hours and 30 mins,they spoke non stop in Telugu. Not a single word of English or Hindi. I have never felt so insulted in my life.

Its ok, chill ;) . It happens. When I am with my aunt's family (who is a latino) they blabber on and on, in spanish and I yell out, en ingles por favor( in english please!) ! Similarly, when my aunt is the only one among the other punjabis and we are blabbering punjabi, she mimics, "en ingles por favor!"

In short, just yell out that you dont understand their language and you think that they are talking ill about you.. Immediately they'll start talking the other languaage (hopefully).

BDS-DMD said:

I feel you...no need to alienate people like that, especially if you invite them over as guests.

******WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE A South Indian GIRL as WIFE***********

1.Her mother looks down at you because you didn't study in IIT or Madras /Anna University.
I guess if the girl's a FOB and the guy is also a FOB.
2. Her father starts or ends every conversation with " ... I say..."
Nope.
3. She shudders if you use four letter words.
Uh..no
Oh dear Lord no.
5. She uses the word 'Super' as her only superlative.
Sometimes.
6. Her name is another name for a Goddess or a flower.
:D
7. Her first name is longer than your first name, middle name and surname combined (unless you are from Andhra)
I think most of them are...however, my stupid last name is Guju. wtf.
8. When she mixes milk/curd and rice you are never sure whether it is for the Dog or for herself.
YUM.
9. For weddings, she sports a mini jasmine garden on her head and wears silk saris in the Madras heat without looking too uncomfortable while you are melting in your singlet.
Never been to a South Indian wedding.
10. She thinks Mohan Lal is the sexiest man alive.
EW no...is this true?!
11. Her favourite cricketer is Krishnamachari Srikkanth.
I don't follow cricket, but I'm sure most do..?
12. Her favourite food is dosa though she has tried North Indian snacks like Chats (pronounced like the slang for 'conversation')
I think that really goes for all South Indian girls...yeah... however, I eat more Italian food than I do Indian...so....I've forgotten what Indian food tastes like. :(
13. She bursts into songs with her cousins in every movie.
I should ask my mom if she did this- I bet she did. :laugh: I personally, don't really watch Indian movies..
14. She bores you by telling you which raaga each song you hear is based on.
Please.
15. You have to give her jewellery, though she has already got plenty of it ..
Yeah......?
16. Her thali (Mangal Sutra) weighs more than the championship belts worn by WWF wrestlers.
Oh my mom wears that!
Fo shizzle.
18. Her father thinks she is much smarter than you..
But of course.

BDS-DMD said:
So this post is not offensive but my post about the sambar of 69 was highly offensive? something is seriously wrong here.

I find this post a bit offensive too. :( I never understand why do south inidans and north indians keep making fun of each other? why do men and women keep making fun of each other??... maybe I am sensitive... but somehow all this does not appeal to me a great deal.

BDS-DMD said:
Why don't you actually read that Sambar thread and show me where someone said it was "highly offensive"???? Only three people posted in that thread, and no one said anything of REAL consequence.

sunny123 said:
Why don't you actually read that Sambar thread and show me where someone said it was "highly offensive"???? Only three people posted in that thread, and no one said anything of REAL consequence.

lol , this is how fights inflame. People misunderstand.

Now I understand, why MCAT stresses so much on logic, comprehension and interpretation. Make an assumption or read it wrongly, and voila! you're screwed...

1hotaartichoke said:
data said:
don't be bitter just cus you're not getting any from any north indian girls. :smuggrin:
not true I do pooja every morning. But I do aarti on sundays. Don't hate the playa hate the game.

data said:
1hotaartichoke said:
not true I do pooja every morning. But I do aarti on sundays. Don't hate the playa hate the game.

OMG :laugh:

btw, my version is "don't hate tha playa, hate yo'self"

1hotaartichoke said:
data said:
So You admit that it is true..hahaha..

well data I have had less boyfriends than my age. :p

North Indian...South Indian.....and the story goes on .......