Did I Make A Massive Mistake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AUhopeful2020

Reaction score
I'll spare the details on this thread of why I'm taking this one class so late, but my dream school is Auburn University, and they require a cell biology course for admissions. I graduated two years ago and did not intend to go back to school, but that changed this year, and I immediately signed up for the course through Clemson. They only offered the course online this summer, and as far as I know, on-campus classes are of questionable status this fall.

On Auburn's website, they specify that animal nutrition may be taken as an online course, but do not make any mention for any other prerequisites. So, am I completely screwed? I don't have enough money to take the course again (it was $2,000 out of pocket), and given the COVID-19 situation in this state, along with my full time employment, in-person courses may not be available.

Should I contact AU directly and explain and see what steps I need to take, or should I just roll with it? I really hope I didn't jeopardize my admissions status...

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact them to confirm. Most likely with everything going on I would think they would accept it, however, there's no point wasting your money on app fees if they aren't going to even look at your app because you don't meet the pre-reqs. The only way you'll know for sure is to talk to them.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would contact them to confirm. Most likely with everything going on I would think they would accept it, however, there's no point wasting your money on app fees if they aren't going to even look at your app because you don't meet the pre-reqs. The only way you'll know for sure is to talk to them.
I just emailed the admissions coordinator. Cross your fingers for me.

Okay, so the admissions coordinator said that all mediums are accepted (so why they specify that nutrition can be taken online, I'm not sure), but of course classroom classes are the most favored, however, in light of the pandemic, online courses are very understandable.

Okay, so the admissions coordinator said that all mediums are accepted (so why they specify that nutrition can be taken online, I'm not sure), but of course classroom classes are the most favored, however, in light of the pandemic, online courses are very understandable.

They probably specify that because many people are just used to taking everything in person and nutrition courses aren't readily available. In order to take one in person, some may need to even leave the state, so they likely specify that because of the availability to take it in person. Plus they've probably had numerous people contact them to ask if it could be taken online in the past, so easier to just clarify it outright.

Reactions: 6 users