Dictation templates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

king22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a site online that has a lot of dictation templates for podiatry?

Members don't see this ad.

Templates….be VERY careful. Templates can be great, but they also make doctors lazy.

I review more charts that most DPMs and it’s amazing how many records I see where there is a template and literally not one word changes over a 2 year span and 20 sets of notes.

Update EACH note and READ your notes prior to signing off. Some are comical with lots of contradictions.

A template should be used as a foundation to build on and customize for every visit.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think templates are fine, but just like superbills, it's better to make your own.

You don't want 5.07 or Silfverskiold test or two foot heel raise or whatever in there if you literally never do that. I don't use other docs/office templates for that reasoning.

I use around 20 or 25 templates for common stuff... then a list of CPT cut-n-pastes for procedures and things. I find that I really only need to update my templates now for new jobs based on what diagnostics they have and what OTC/DME they dispense vs Rx vs don't have at all.

There are some things that templates work great for (mostly dinky PPMR non-op stuff) and others they just don't at all. You are never going to have a good template for failed Cartiva or MVA calc fx or cavus rigid foot that had surgery from two prior docs, lol.

I think templates are fine, but just like superbills, it's better to make your own.

You don't want 5.07 or Silfverskiold test or two foot heel raise or whatever in there if you literally never do that. I don't use other docs/office templates for that reasoning.

I use around 20 or 25 templates for common stuff... then a list of CPT cut-n-pastes for procedures and things. I find that I really only need to update my templates now for new jobs based on what diagnostics they have and what OTC/DME they dispense vs Rx vs don't have at all.

There are some things that templates work great for (mostly dinky PPMR non-op stuff) and others they just don't at all. You are never going to have a good template for failed Cartiva or MVA calc fx or cavus rigid foot that had surgery from two prior docs, lol.
As someone starting brand new with an MSG (PracticeFusion), care to share any templates? :)