DFW Job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Txguy87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any insight as to what the job market in DFW is like? Seems like there are two major groups that control the area, just wondering what the process is like to join these big groups and if they are always looking for new graduates or only when there are openings. I wont graduate for another two years so I know this is a little pre-mature, but planning ahead is what gets me through some rough days of fellowship.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any insight as to what the job market in DFW is like? Seems like there are two major groups that control the area, just wondering what the process is like to join these big groups and if they are always looking for new graduates or only when there are openings. I wont graduate for another two years so I know this is a little pre-mature, but planning ahead is what gets me through some rough days of fellowship.
As you know the two dominant groups are TDC and Dhat, these are the two largest private GI groups in the country, which is the new Norm to have leverage with ppo/Health Systems. Presume you are not training in DFW area because some of their partners would be your faculty. I would attend the Texas state society meeting this fall, all of the board members are Partners in both groups, bring your business cards and CV.