Detroit programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pillowface

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts about the Detroit programs?

Members don't see this ad.

theres two, one thats been around for a while the DMC RIM program and a new one at oakwood/beaumont. The new one just lost their chairman and half their faculty. RIM might loose the PD which is also the chairman. Lots of shady business going on there, stay away. My best friend started there and he's miserable. His whole class is wanting to transfer out.
The Beumont program in royal oak is decent and obviously michigan is stable.

I interviewed at RIM and everyone just seemed miserable. I did 18 PM&R interviews and that was the only place I felt really strongly about not ranking. I actually liked Oakwood.

Members don't see this ad :)
theres two, one thats been around for a while the DMC RIM program and a new one at oakwood/beaumont. The new one just lost their chairman and half their faculty. RIM might loose the PD which is also the chairman. Lots of shady business going on there, stay away. My best friend started there and he's miserable. His whole class is wanting to transfer out.
The Beumont program in royal oak is decent and obviously michigan is stable.

Hey, can you PM me please?

I interviewed at RIM and everyone just seemed miserable. I did 18 PM&R interviews and that was the only place I felt really strongly about not ranking. I actually liked Oakwood.
so when did you interview? the program just started having real issues.... ask the residents they aint lying.

I agree with Kissmya, I interviewed the same time and I only got 12 interviews, and STILL didn't rank them because they looked so miserable at RIM.

Oakwood is a newer program, but I liked it down there. Residents were super friends, staff the same. I did rank it at the bottom of my list