Determining competitiveness for HPSP and select schools – Chance me, maybe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

###e###

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school doesn't have much in the manner of pre-dental advising, so I hoped to get a better understanding of my chances here.

Stats: DAT AA: 28 TS: 30 PAT: 21
sGPA: 4.0 GPA:3.99
shadowing - roughly about 1000 hours with 100 overseas and about 700 with a Lt. Colonel (former HPSP recipient)
research - started Freshman year, currently working on a long-term project that I hope to publish senior year
volunteer - a little over 200 hours with the national park service
clubs: rock climbing club and martial arts club
not much in the way of leadership in school organizations, unfortunately... :(

(1) How good are my chances for getting the air force HPSP?
(2) How good are my chances for these programs as an OOS student? UNC, NYU, UCLA, UCSF, PENN, MU, FLA, Columbia, and Harvard?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

what is your state of residence?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You’re almost a shoe in for HPSP as long as you don’t have any serious health issues, seriously...

It’s easier for you to get HPSP the better grades you have since you’ll more likely be recommended.

For what it’s worth, I interviewed at Harvard with lower stats than you (3.85 and 23AA ORM). They really look for unique stuff on your app/about you, at that point everyone interviewing there has the highest GPA and DAT so they don’t really see 23 as that much different from 25 at that point. I got HPW’ed.

You have a really good shot everywhere. Polish those interviewing skills.

Reactions: 1 user