This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjamm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've watched all of chad's videos and done the quizzes, thought I was doing well until I started doing destroyer GC problems....:lame:
I'm now rewatching Chad's videos& redoing the quizzes but I don't feel like they are helping out much. I've also been practicing with bootcamp, which is near the same level as couresaver (imo) and I seem to get the content better.

Does anybody have an idea on how to approach destroyer? I really want to go through it but every time I begin I feel discouraged because of how many questions I don't understand.
Also for those who have taken the dat, was GC as difficult as destroyer?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have not taken the DAT yet but if I was in your position I would go through the questions and just learn from them. Learning from mistakes is one of the best methods of learning, so go through the questions and their explanations and after awhile you should understand the material better. However everyone learns differently so if this doesn't work for you I would maybe try a different source of learning besides Chad's videos.

Reactions: 1 user
Destroyer is definitely harder than the DAT itself, I think its intentionally made that way to prepare you for the worst. The best way is to just learn from your mistakes. Don't be discouraged if you aren't doing well with Destroyer the first time through.

I've watched all of chad's videos and done the quizzes, thought I was doing well until I started doing destroyer GC problems....:lame:
I'm now rewatching Chad's videos& redoing the quizzes but I don't feel like they are helping out much. I've also been practicing with bootcamp, which is near the same level as couresaver (imo) and I seem to get the content better.

Does anybody have an idea on how to approach destroyer? I really want to go through it but every time I begin I feel discouraged because of how many questions I don't understand.

Thank you!

so how i approached destroyer was this:
i did 40 bio questions at a time or 30 gen chem/orgo questions at a time. i did each section timed like real DAT. didnt check questions over because it wasnt a big deal if i got it wrong.

for questions i got wrong i learned why and concepts around it. if there were answer choices that i didnt know what they were -- i learned them as well.

use dat destroyer more as a learning tool than to see how much u know

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you!
Just a word of caution, there are many different versions of the DAT and students posting can only give their personal experience. I have worked with thousands of students and all the questions in the DAT Destroyer are fair game for the DAT. Do not be discouraged if you get something wrong, be thankful that it is when you are studying and not on test day.

Stick with it and I assure you that come test day you will be glad you did.

Hope this helps..Nancy

so how i approached destroyer was this:
i did 40 bio questions at a time or 30 gen chem/orgo questions at a time. i did each section timed like real DAT. didnt check questions over because it wasnt a big deal if i got it wrong.

for questions i got wrong i learned why and concepts around it. if there were answer choices that i didnt know what they were -- i learned them as well.

use dat destroyer more as a learning tool than to see how much u know

I've been doing 40 bio, 30 GC, and 30 OC a day. I'm not struggling with the other two, only the gc portion. I've been going over every question I got wrong but it makes me feel like I barely know anything so i get discouraged lol, thank you for the tip!