Desperate need of good QR strategies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nintendodds

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am fairly new to SDN, and I was actually wondering if there is any possible way I can get some good suggestions on QR practice. I plan on purchasing a math destroyer (2018) from a friend tomorrow, but what other supplemental stuff do you think I should use?
Im also using DAT bootcamp as well. As far as QR goes for bootcamp, a lot of people say that BC is relatively similar to the types of questions that are represented on the DAT, however, I feel as though BC doesn't have any structure and their explanations for each problem changes drastically, almost as if I need to pile up formula after formula after formula in order to know how to do a problem. Every post and forum I've read says that math destroyer and Orgoman's videos are all you need to hit the QR section.

Math Destroyer + Orgoman videos sound like a good plan? Appreciate any/ all of the advice I can get. DAT is in ~1 month.

PS. doesn't anyone else think that SDN should have an app? Lol.

Members don't see this ad.

It is true we recommend Khan for Math, but this was before we made our own videos, which we think are better. But no reason not to use both and see, they are both free. The QR is a challenging section so it's best to go in prepared.

Good luck to you.

Nancy, co/owner, Orgoman, Destroyer series

It is true we recommend Khan for Math, but this was before we made our own videos, which we think are better. But no reason not to use both and see, they are both free. The QR is a challenging section so it's best to go in prepared.

Good luck to you.

Nancy, co/owner, Orgoman, Destroyer series

Thank you Nancy! I’m on the road for 30. just got the math destroyer today. #Think30 ;-)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure how Orgoman's videos are for QR, but a lot of users have recommended Khan Academy (Orgoman themselves also recommended it) to give you a good foundation on how to solve QR questions, and then you can build up your speed by doing BC/Math Destroyer tests.

I believe we do - I don't have it but it might be iOS only? idk. But Tapatalk will work too I think

Will do. I’ll definitely check out Khan academy’s videos today. Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
The Orgoman YouTube videos are a 10/10. Helped me score as well as I did, didn't use any other video service.

The Orgoman YouTube videos are a 10/10. Helped me score as well as I did, didn't use any other video service.

I’ve been at studying the QR section for about 40-80 (some days i’ll do 40 on BC, other days i’ll do 40BC + 40Destoryer) questions a day and going back to review my mistakes. these math destroyer problems are killer, but the skill it provides me with is reflecting improvement upon each time i take a new practice test on bootcamp. I do feel, though, that the Orgoman videos are amazing, but don’t cover the broadness of the QR spectrum in order to solve these different~altered versions of the questions that i see. Or maybe i’m doing something wrong? Should i go over the videos once more to get a better grasp of each concept?

I would definitely recommend going over those videos again and starring the ones you are a bit shaky on to look back at in the future. Sure there are altered problem types of any QR question, but using the videos and the solutions in the Math Destroyer should let you figure them out with pretty good certainty.