Desk chair recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shunsui

❀❁❃✿✾❁❀
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tired of back aches from a bad chair

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Any cushioned office chair will probably be fine as long as your posture is good. If you're sitting down for too long without getting up it's gonna feel bad no matter what chair you use.

Reactions: 1 user
71AIcGQ57qL._SL1500_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And this way, if you own your own practice one day you're already a step ahead

Highly recommend that you go with Herman Miller Aeron. They have a steep price, but so do the consequences of poor posture!

There is also a fairly large used Market for ones at a more reasonable price. Best of luck!

If you can afford it, I always read rave reviews about the Embody chairs and other Hermann-Miller chairs.

I don't have any chairs but the hospital and research lab I work at have the Sayl ones and they're awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I strongly concur, however there are lots of good quality of the same ergo design. Consumer reports has several including the one below for under $200
Amazon product

Oh I'd also like to add the Ikea line of office chairs for budget friendly options. I've tried a few of them they're great for the price.

any other ergonomics tips to prevent neck "soreness" after studying for a couple of hours? I feel like I'm looking down at my labtop too much

I work in a doctor's office and when I'm at the reception/front desk area, I sit in this awesome yoga ball chair. I have minor scoliosis and I tend to slouch more than I should, but this chair keeps my core engaged, and it's great for people who are naturally fidgety and restless. The patients always get a kick out of the chair, especially when we bounce on to sit or get up.

Amazon product

any other ergonomics tips to prevent neck "soreness" after studying for a couple of hours? I feel like I'm looking down at my labtop too much
Seconding this...I deal with neck soreness. Not sure if it’s my seat-to-desk height or if buying a Hermon Miller will fix this issue.

Seconding this...I deal with neck soreness. Not sure if it’s my seat-to-desk height or if buying a Hermon Miller will fix this issue.

For me, neck soreness came from the strain of looking down. I put a thick book underneath my laptop so that it is right at eye level and that seemed to really help.