Designating a LOE to a school post-submission (Early Decision issues)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squiggle2017

Finally done waiting!!! Class of 2021
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I applied ED to an MD school and, at the time of submission, I had three LOE already into the system and one that had been created but I wasn't sure if the professor was ever going to get around to writing the letter or not. Rather than assigning the letter to the school only to find out I wasn't ever going to receive it, I did not assign that fourth letter from the professor to the ED school.

The professor has since added the letter to AMCAS, but when I try to go to designate the letter to the school, the AMCAS system asks me why I am trying to edit my ED application and says I can only make changes if I am breaking the ED contract which you have to have special permission to do. All I am trying to do is designate this letter to be sent to this school. I know you can add new letters after submission, but apparently you can't add designations to previously existing letters??? Can someone please help me with this. I've tried asking this question directly to AMCAS and they are unhelpful and just repeated the same info that is online...

Members don't see this ad.

So, I applied ED to an MD school and, at the time of submission, I had three LOE already into the system and one that had been created but I wasn't sure if the professor was ever going to get around to writing the letter or not. Rather than assigning the letter to the school only to find out I wasn't ever going to receive it, I did not assign that fourth letter from the professor to the ED school.

The professor has since added the letter to AMCAS, but when I try to go to designate the letter to the school, the AMCAS system asks me why I am trying to edit my ED application and says I can only make changes if I am breaking the ED contract which you have to have special permission to do. All I am trying to do is designate this letter to be sent to this school. I know you can add new letters after submission, but apparently you can't add designations to previously existing letters??? Can someone please help me with this. I've tried asking this question directly to AMCAS and they are unhelpful and just repeated the same info that is online...

Never mind. This issue was resolved.