dermatology residency help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ny64

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!
i posted my question in international part ,didnt get any answers yet.hope i get more help here:)

i have been searchin internet for a while but i cant figure sth out:hungover:oes every med uni of australia has its own residency(speciality) program?
in iran its like this: 7 years of med school(including 2 yrs of internship),workin for government 1 to 3 yrs(depends on the area yr sent to),take the exam & applying for speciality(residency).
i know the program is a bit different in aus.i want to attend dermatology residency .how should i apply?
i visited many universities web site ,there wasnt anything about speciality(residency),does it have a seperate uni here? which one has dermatology?
i appreciate anyyy help!
niloufar

ps : i am also interested in us derm residency programs.and i have the same issue wth us medschool websites...
also... any suggestions about which country i choose ,us or aus,considering thier derm program qualitys and opportunity to work for a foreigner?

i know i askd alot of questions in one post! but any tips about any of them would be a huge help:)
thank u!

Members don't see this ad.

hi!
i posted my question in international part ,didnt get any answers yet.hope i get more help here:)

i have been searchin internet for a while but i cant figure sth out:hungover:oes every med uni of australia has its own residency(speciality) program?
in iran its like this: 7 years of med school(including 2 yrs of internship),workin for government 1 to 3 yrs(depends on the area yr sent to),take the exam & applying for speciality(residency).
i know the program is a bit different in aus.i want to attend dermatology residency .how should i apply?
i visited many universities web site ,there wasnt anything about speciality(residency),does it have a seperate uni here? which one has dermatology?
i appreciate anyyy help!
niloufar

ps : i am also interested in us derm residency programs.and i have the same issue wth us medschool websites...
also... any suggestions about which country i choose ,us or aus,considering thier derm program qualitys and opportunity to work for a foreigner?

i know i askd alot of questions in one post! but any tips about any of them would be a huge help:)
thank u!

In the US, not every university has an associated residency in every specialty. If you visit this site: http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/srch/"]http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/srch/"]http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/srch/, you can search US residencies by specialty.

In the US, dermatology is one of, if not the, most competitive residency to get into. As such, it is quite difficult for foreign graduates.

nicedream!
thank you very much!
the site was very helpful & just wht i needed.
hope i find sth like this for australia too...:)