DEPOSIT DEADLINE APPROACHING...haven't heard back from other school yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What would you do?

• Total voters

dnye1255

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need help deciding what to do!

My deposit for Shenandoah is due on Thursday. I really liked the school and the area, but I don't know if it's my number one choice. I interviewed at LECOM last week and really like it there as well. The admission people at LECOM said they start sending out admissions letters on Wednesday. What do I do? The deposit for Shenandoah is $1000, and it's only the first school I interviewed at. I applied to 6 schools in total and still have some interviews to come.

Would you guys just put a deposit down to be safe? Or wait out for the rest of the cycle to see what other offers you get?

Members don't see this ad.

Shenandoah is a pretty solid school at the least so I think it's worth putting down the 1k to hold your place. I know it's a lot but hey, consider it an investment

I'd say hold the deposit until the last minute, and call LECOM on Wednesday. If they say that they've sent out decisions, ask if you could kindly know your decision before the letter comes because another school's deposit deadline in Thursday, but you really like LECOM and it is (if it is) your first choice. Additionally, make sure they know (put it out there) that you want to be economical and so you are trying to budget your finances in the best way.

Or ask Shenandoah for a small extension. Basically (if this is the case) say that you just need a little more time to figure out finances (I think LECOM is cheaper), then you can submit a deposit.

The best course of action is to deposit the $1000. But if you are already taking student loans and are low on finances, then this is a bad decision.

It's weird that Shenandoah is asking for such an early deposit. Nonetheless, if LECOM says yes, then drop Shenandoah just because of cost factor.

Congratulations to you though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice everybody! I interviewed pretty early at Shenandoah and they gave me a month to put a deposit down. But I called them today and they were super nice about it. They told me to take as much time as I needed to decide. Are any of you familiar with the two schools? Is a 3-year program a better investment?

Shenandoah is a better school. Go with it

Thanks for the advice everybody! I interviewed pretty early at Shenandoah and they gave me a month to put a deposit down. But I called them today and they were super nice about it. They told me to take as much time as I needed to decide. Are any of you familiar with the two schools? Is a 3-year program a better investment?

Good deal mate. One thing that we should all learn about life is that telling the truth is always the better way to go. The Shenandoah Admissions team are humans too, and they will understand. Never be hesitant to just tell the truth and be straightforward.

A 3 year program is a good investment, but it really depends what you're looking for. Typically, the tuition differential is that much - so find the right fit for YOU based on your life goals.

And congratulations again my friend. You've made it very far in life and I hope you have many successes to come.