General Admissions & OTCAS Denying a Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AAF710

Reaction score
Hi!

I recently got accepted into an MOT program - let's call it Program A - and they're program starts in May. Program A is my second choice (out of 4) school. Program B (my first choice school) doesn't even send out interview invites until early March, and acceptances here don't typically go out until early-mid April. If I end up getting accepted to Program B, how does it work if I need to tell Program A that I won't be attending their school anymore? I also don't know how to go about living situations, because I need to find somewhere to live well in advance (Program A is a 3-hour drive, Program B is a 30 minute drive). I know this is confusing so let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming you need to put down a deposit for A, if you get accepted to B and decide to go there you would lose your deposit to A. This happens quite frequently because of the different application due dates/notification times.