Dentistry, Veterinary, Pharmacy, and Optometry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here's the funny part - this particular person is from SASKATOON! In the middle of the prairies and cold.

Just boggles the mind to think what people like that are thinking. As Dr. M above said he would have had a decent chance at a surg program here, which would be recognised back in Canada - as long as your training is done in Oz most provinces recognise all of it. You only run into problems when your training length is shorter then the equivalent Canadian program. That's usually only a problem for some US residencies.

Here's another little gem (and I swear this is a true quote from a first year when I told him about the likelihood of spending another 4 years after graduation to complete a FM residency here).
"I'd rather be a janitor in Canada, then a doctor in Australia". I just find comments like these hilarious.

In some countries a doctor does not earn much more than a janitor, I am talking about developed Western countries, in Germany, there are people who go to medical school for "fun". Australian doctors earn a good living even when you convert the South Sea Island Peso into Euros. I met a German physician last summer and he said "You are an American studying to be a doctor in Australia and then go back to the USA and get rich." Not sure about getting rich, especially the way the Dollar continues to sink in value.

Members don't see this ad.