dentist interested in MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HAI
i am a foreign trained dentist i don't have a very good gpa.what can i do to apply.will i be considered for the program.i'm going to take the gre.can anyone give my some tips of materials to be considered to ace it.please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Although schools typically like to see a GPA of 3.0 (preferably higher) for admission, schools can sometimes forgive lower GPAs if your application is otherwise extremely strong. This is particularly true if you have experience in dentistry or other health-oriented activites, can articulate well your reasons for wanting to study for an MPH degree, and have clear public health goals.

As for the GRE, I don't think there is any magic to it. I found the materials on the GRE website, and the software they send when you register for the exam, to be very helpful. The website has a couple things of particular interest: a list of the pool of possible questions about which they may ask you to write essays for the "analytical writing" section (and scoring criteria), a list of mathematics topics covered, with some review material.

Good luck!

sgn said:
HAI
i am a foreign trained dentist i don't have a very good gpa.what can i do to apply.will i be considered for the program.i'm going to take the gre.can anyone give my some tips of materials to be considered to ace it.please help.