dentist career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody wants to discuss about dentist career?

It seems most dentists work as private practice, either run a dental clinic or are hired as a contractor.

Are there some big dental care organizations for dentist? like hospital or clinical facility for MDs?

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody wants to discuss about dentist career?

It seems most dentists work as private practice, either run a dental clinic or are hired as a contractor.

Are there some big dental care organizations for dentist? like hospital or clinical facility for MDs?
corporate dentistry is said to be growing but I don't know why anyone would want to work for somebody other than themselves...

the MD's have it pretty bad though, i hope the dental field stays as far away as it can from the medical field (especially in the future)

I have a dentist friend who run clinic himself. He is very upset of his business since he has to hire an assistant, a front desk and pay rentals, insurance, but doesn't have enough patients.

And, lots dentists in CA don't charge any copay, the market is pretty tough. If work for a big one (such as a hospital), a dentist will have a decent job with good benefits and less riskes.

corporate dentistry is said to be growing but I don't know why anyone would want to work for somebody other than themselves...

the MD's have it pretty bad though, i hope the dental field stays as far away as it can from the medical field (especially in the future)

I have a dentist friend who run clinic himself. He is very upset of his business since he has to hire an assistant, a front desk and pay rentals, insurance, but doesn't have enough patients.

And, lots dentists in CA don't charge any copay, the market is pretty tough. If work for a big one (such as a hospital), a dentist will have a decent job with good benefits and less riskes.

depends where you go.. CA is really bad right now because of a huge influx of dentists after they began to license anyone with a pulse... other areas of the country are much better. at the end of the day owning your own place is the best IMO. job security, no boss, and you do whatever you want; whenever you want. with those corporate jobs you always have somebody pushing you to produce more