Dental website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

larryt

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the link to my friend's dental website.

http://www.drbui.com

Success business only 5 yrs after dental school

Members don't see this ad.

Nice site/pics. I had to chuckle a little though when I saw the picture of the Cerec machine. A few weeks ago at the Yankee Dental meeting I attended a panel discussion entitled "controversies in restorative dentistry". One of the panelists, Dr John Kanca(the inventor of the total etch concept and no stranger to controversy, in fact he referred to himself as Dr John Controversy;) :D :laugh: ) talked about the Cerec machines as his controversial topic. He took quotes from a thread on Dentaltown.com from actual users of this machine and was drawing analogies to Terminator 3, The Rise of the Machines. He was commenting that machines like this while a neat thing to have can actually contribute to the weakening of our rational treatment planing and prep designs:wow: His stand was backed up with numerous quotes from this DT thread stating things such as "the machine told me to..." "because of the machine I did it this way" and "the machine told me to do the onlay instead of the inlay design":wow:

Don't get me wrong, I think the concept of a chairside fabricated crown is a neat one, however, I still will take the esthetics of hand stacked porcelain and the 40 or so micrometer margings my lab gives me over the 100 or so micrometer margins the machine gives me:thumbup: :idea: I encourage everyone to do a lit search and then do something that the dental curriculum/ education process doesn't always encousre enough of, thinking and forming your own dental opinion:clap: :wow: :confused:

According to my friend, Cerec machine is not perfect yet. It is still far from his expectation. This is also a reason that he has spent lots of time in his in-house lab to perfect his products (I guess his engineering blood's still flowing :laugh: ). I do like his case presentations and articles. He did publish quite a few articles on several dental magazines though.