Dental Schools Look at Last 60 Units of Science Coursework??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caffeinatedpredent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My advisor recently mentioned to me that dental schools pay attention mainly to the last 60 units of science coursework when evaluating students, especially GPA enhancing post-bac applicants. Has anyone else heard this?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told it was 60 credits overall not just science. They said sometimes people screw up in their freshmen or sophomore years, that’s why they look more at the last 2 years of school than the first two.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told it was 60 credits overall not just science. They said sometimes people screw up in their freshmen or sophomore years, that’s why they look more at the last 2 years of school than the first two.
great thanks for the info! was wondering where you heard this from? I know I have heard this from a UoP admissions rep in the past

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember reading somewhere that this was something they did at Oklahoma's dental school - I don't think it's necessarily a universal policy at all dental schools.

great thanks for the info! was wondering where you heard this from? I know I have heard this from a UoP admissions rep in the past
I remember reading somewhere that this was something they did at Oklahoma's dental school - I don't think it's necessarily a universal policy at all dental schools.
You’re right, it was Oklahoma that said it.