Dental school pre-reqs: courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuretoothfairy110

Reaction score
I thought I had all the course requirements understood and that I was almost done. I am just about finished w/ my Bio, Physics, gen chem, and Ochem lecture reqs, alongside 3 quarters of physics lab, and a 2 unit bio lab. Some schools will say " Ochem/Gen Chem/Bio with lab" and a total of 8-12 quarter units. Meanwhile, on my uni's pre-dental prep site, it had listed the 3 specific physic lab courses we need but the "with lab" for gen chem, ochem, and bio. That left me under the impression that only one lab was required per Bio, Ochem, and Gen chem because it didn't specify and the total units stated 12 for some.

Bottom line question: How many quarter units of lab do I need for Bio, Ochem, and Gen Chem?

Also: I know every school may very, I am just speaking in regards to the main prereqs.

I really appreciate any help, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Solution
Bottom line question: How many quarter units of lab do I need for Bio, Ochem, and Gen Chem?
Whether quarter or semester, most schools require a full year of lab. If you want numbers, then it's 9 units of lecture (3 per quarter) and 3 units of lab (1 per quarter) for a total of 12 per subject.

Hope that helps!
Whether quarter or semester, most schools require a full year of lab. If you want numbers, then it's 9 units of lecture (3 per quarter) and 3 units of lab (1 per quarter) for a total of 12 per subject.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Solution