dental school in Adelaide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

candy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the PBL curriculum of Adelaide dental school? Is it a very stressful course because of its PBL nature?

I have been told that in each session students would generate certain number of learning issues and each of them would need to research on those issues. But how could students know whether they have generated the "correct" or "relevant" learning issues? Also should they study each issue deeply or only superficially?

Will students be allowed to repeat if they fail a year? Has anyone been "kicked out" of the course because of failing?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about the PBL curriculum of Adelaide dental school? Is it a very stressful course because of its PBL nature?

I have been told that in each session students would generate certain number of learning issues and each of them would need to research on those issues. But how could students know whether they have generated the "correct" or "relevant" learning issues? Also should they study each issue deeply or only superficially?

Will students be allowed to repeat if they fail a year? Has anyone been "kicked out" of the course because of failing?

Thanks!

I'm curious too, that sounds the same with the PBL I'll be having in USyd. I imagine that we'll need to learn about the issues in the clinical context above others so that ought to narrow down the scope a bit.

Any current students like to shed light on this?

Don't think you'll really get kicked out for failing, but you really don't wanna fail because having to repeat medical paper would be EXPENSIVE!