Dental School Contacts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EXTRACTM3

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who I should keep in contact with at different schools. Also, how do I go about contacting the dean and keeping a communication line going? So, he knows I'm very interested?

Members don't see this ad.

Many of the schools I interviewed at there was a person with the title of--Admissions Coordinator---first line of defense so-to- speak. I would start there and work your way up. Get to know them on a first name basis---I know it helped me. Although I never met with the Dean---I'm certain other posters have--so they'll help you there.

Personal story: I had a friend that wasn't accepted his first time around----after that he kept in contact with the Admission's office (predominately the Coordinator)----he literally called once a week to talk and show interest. He was accepted the second time around and received a card from admission's saying we're going to miss you but congrats!!

Wish you the best,
R.R.B

[This message has been edited by Dr.2b (edited 03-08-2001).]

Yakima? That's in Wash. state right? Best thing to do if you're applying to UW is email/call and talk to the adm. office to see if you can speak with the dean or coordinator for some info. You might want to ask for some dental students' emails so you can correspond with them and have some insight into student life at the school and about the city. If you're in the area go visit the school...tell the dean or adm coord. that you're interested in touring the school. I remember some schools actually have tours for people in the community, so see if there are any tours you can sign up for.

If you don't want to call/email, then write a letter to the adm. office informing them of your interest in their program and give a brief description of what you're doing at the moment (like volunteer work, extracurriclars, etc. ). Get as much info as possible regarding the school and look at what the main goals of the program are...is it a research oriented school or more clinical or something unique they offer...then write a comment regarding how their program meets your needs.

Once you have contact with someone in admissions, then inform them of any new developments in your application like updating transcripts or new activities or projects your partaking.

Well, good luck to you!