Dental internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sujin G Raju

Reaction score
Dear sir
How is the life of dental graduate after dds. Are the payed enough to repay the due. What are the ways to get an US visa .
Any omfs internship program to enter in USA. What are the other ways apart from conventional DMD Advanced international dentist route.
Please reply

Members don't see this ad.

Ok lets see if I can sort of help.
1. Life after DDS/DMD - from what I have heard a recent grand makes average 100-120k a yr for DDS/DMD degree, u got to plan accordingly on how u want to manage ur debt.
2. Ways to get visa u got to do the research on it, I personally dont know Im a US citizen
3. OMFS internship/residence is not a good idea if u didnt get a degree in the states, they have preference from US dental school grads with GPRs, and if u have done any research usually the OMFS spots are extremely limited. Some info I found online - Applying to Oral Surgery (OMFS) as a Foreign Trained Dentist
4. Different ways - so the main is the dds/dmd route that u may have heard of. Then u have AEGDs or GPRs but they have a limitation to where u can practice afterwards as u get a certification not a degree and usually u got to do 2 years of this type of residency. Then u have the Minnesota option - https://mn.gov/boards/dentistry/new-applicant/non-accredited/. Lastly u have the specialty or residence option but again is state limited, Conneticut, Illinois, Michigan, Mississippi, Minnesota, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Maine.