Dental HPSP class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't be alarmed. If anything in your security application triggers a red flag (a very broad category of things...it could be anything, fired from an employer, bad credit, large loan debt, etc.) a special agent has to interview you.
-12 year military veteran.

thanks so much! Do you happen to know if they interview everyone who triggers a red flag and applies? does this mean I’m being seriously considered for the scholarship or is it just protocol for everyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you in the process? I commissioned for Army a few months ago and still haven't heard anything about a security clearance
I’m still waiting to hear back to see if I’ve received the scholarship or not. All my paperwork is submitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks so much! Do you happen to know if they interview everyone who triggers a red flag and applies? does this mean I’m being seriously considered for the scholarship or is it just protocol for everyone?
I was interviewed regarding a drinking citation I got when I was 18. I was later accepted for the 3.5 hear HPSP. It was a pretty standard interview. Just gauged my social/ drinking habits. Not sure if an interview means you are seriously being considered though. If I had to guess, I would say it means they are strongly considering you.

I was interviewed regarding a drinking citation I got when I was 18. I was later accepted for the 3.5 hear HPSP. It was a pretty standard interview. Just gauged my social/ drinking habits. Not sure if an interview means you are seriously being considered though. If I had to guess, I would say it means they are strongly considering you.
I agree ^... those investigations cost Uncle Sam $$$ though... so, it is probably a good thing???

Where are you in the process? I commissioned for Army a few months ago and still haven't heard anything about a security clearance

If you commissioned, then you should have it or at least it only needs a few bogus signatures or something. The army isn't going to hold you a celebration for passing a clearance...in other words it will be nonchalantly stated somewhere on any of the seemingly infinite amount of files, paperwork, digital portals that the government loves to create for you....but, will expect you to update.

...I'll add another note to your noggin. "Need to Know" The military is only going to tell you things that you need to know... you're with Uncle Sam now, your not as special to them as you think, their rules...you follow. The sooner you heed that advice the easier military life will be for you. Now in hindsight, you'll be an officer and have a much better life than enlisted.

Last edited:
do they interview you after you submit to the boards or before?

I’m sorry, I don’t remember exactly. I had submitted my full package, did my interview with an officer, and thought I was done. Then randomly I got the phone call/email that I needed to do the investigate interview as well. This was all in 2010 so it’s a little hazy. But I did MEPS in March, and then I remember meeting with the investigator when it got a little warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sorry, I don’t remember exactly. I had submitted my full package, did my interview with an officer, and thought I was done. Then randomly I got the phone call/email that I needed to do the investigate interview as well. This was all in 2010 so it’s a little hazy. But I did MEPS in March, and then I remember meeting with the investigator when it got a little warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone here currently serve in the Army or know anyone who does?

By the way, my recruiter said the board will review my app the following week and they may release results two weeks after but not always!

By the way, my recruiter said the board will review my app the following week and they may release results two weeks after but not always!
You can go to the HPSP Facebook page, and there are lots of people there in the health professions currently serving or had previously served, maybe even former enlisted members

Reactions: 1 user

Are you looking for someone who knows someone that is or was an Army dentist ? Or Army soldier in general? My boyfriend is in the Army lol. But he’s a 31-Echo (MP - Corrections)

Does anyone know when the Army usually runs its dental officer training before dental school? My recruiter was not able to give me an exact date this early. I'm trying to make travel plans with family for graduation and was wondering if anyone knew when this would be based on past cycles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tje
Does anyone know when the Army usually runs its dental officer training before dental school? My recruiter was not able to give me an exact date this early. I'm trying to make travel plans with family for graduation and was wondering if anyone knew when this would be based on past cycles.
There is no training before dental school. DCC is after the first year of dental school and BOLC is after dental school graduation. Or it’s all after dental school graduation if your school goes year round I believe. You will be free this summer if you get the scholarship ! You can’t go to training this summer because the Army needs your degree to comission you - so recipients won’t comission until like July maybe even early August - after the training is over

Reactions: 1 users
You can go to the HPSP Facebook page, and there are lots of people there in the health professions currently serving or had previously served, maybe even former enlisted members

Do you know what the page is called?

Are you looking for someone who knows someone that is or was an Army dentist ? Or Army soldier in general? My boyfriend is in the Army lol. But he’s a 31-Echo (MP - Corrections)

Sorry, I should've clarified lol. I'm looking for someone currently serving as an Army dentist or someone who knows an Army dentist who can connect me to one.

Do you know what the page is called?
The page is called "Military HPSP Students and Physicians", or you can just go to Facebook and search "HPSP" and it should pop up. There is also another page specific for Air Force HPSP and Navy HPSP if that's what you're applying for.

I got this unfortunate news from my Navy recruiter today:

“Good morning, I wanted to give you an update about the dental board results. I just spoke with the program manager. He stated that because there are two boards (January and February) the results from both boards will be posted at the same time and we are now looking at early April for the results to come out. That is not the timeline I stated to you before and I apologize about this. This is the 4th year I have recruited for this scholarship and I have never seen it done this way. If you have any questions about this do not hesitate to call or text me and we can talk further about this.”

The wait is killing me!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

“Good morning, I wanted to give you an update about the dental board results. I just spoke with the program manager. He stated that because there are two boards (January and February) the results from both boards will be posted at the same time and we are now looking at early April for the results to come out. That is not the timeline I stated to you before and I apologize about this. This is the 4th year I have recruited for this scholarship and I have never seen it done this way. If you have any questions about this do not hesitate to call or text me and we can talk further about this.”

The wait is killing me!!

I'd be so frustrated if I had applied with the Navy. I'm dying just waiting until February 10th for the Army. I'm also dying waiting to hear back on dental school acceptances. Dental apps are an entire year of waiting while rooms full of dentists decide your future and I hate it, but it will be worth it this summer.

I'd be so frustrated if I had applied with the Navy. I'm dying just waiting until February 10th for the Army. I'm also dying waiting to hear back on dental school acceptances. Dental apps are an entire year of waiting while rooms full of dentists decide your future and I hate it, but it will be worth it this summer.
I sure hope we don’t get a similar text saying the Army results will come later than expected , because you never know. The board just started meeting today. I’m so nervous and ready !

The wait is killing me!!

Can anyone else confirm this?

Does that mean they are making the January and February boards into one board?

Does that mean they are making the January and February boards into one board?
To me it sounds like no - but that they are waiting to release the results from both at the same time

To me it sounds like no - but that they are waiting to release the results from both at the same time

A couple of posters above checked with their recruiters and to my understanding this is false. It seems as if there hasn’t been a change to their schedule and they should be releasing the first board results in a week or two (everyone seems to be getting different info from their recruiter so I could be wrong, I’m pretty confused right now).

A couple of posters above checked with their recruiters and to my understanding this is false. It seems as if there hasn’t been a change to their schedule and they should be releasing the first board results in a week or two (everyone seems to be getting different info from their recruiter so I could be wrong, I’m pretty confused right now).
Interesting . Well I hope you guys get your results soon - because I know the waiting is killer . I’m not looking forward to waiting these next 2-3 weeks for the Army board results

Hey all - my roommate was selected for 4 year Air Force HPSP - she’s interested in starting a group chat with anyone else that was selected . If anyone here got selected or knows someone that was - PM me !!

Just got this message from my Navy HPSP Recruiter:

“Found out today we won’t have results until April maybe March. They’re waiting until February board is completed to post.”

Just got this message from my Navy HPSP Recruiter:

“Found out today we won’t have results until April maybe March. They’re waiting until February board is completed to post.”

That sucks!

I was hoping it wasn’t true, but it looks like you’re right! @annemarielabarca

My Navy recruiter just said that results will probably come in at the beginning of March.

Just woke up to a text from my recruiter that I received the 4 year
Fingers crossed for everyone and best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G970U using SDN mobile
My roommate got the 4 year AF and would like to start a group chat with other people that did !! Could you PM me if interested ?

I also heard back today that I received the Air Force 4 year scholarship! I dual applied to both AF and Army, and am pretty set on taking the AF one so hopefully this allows more people a chance at the Army one! Best of luck to you all!
Hey ! So you prob see my other posts , but my roommate got the 4 year AF , and would like to start a group chat with other people that did . If you’re interested - PM me !

I found out from my recruiter yesterday that I’m on the alternates list for navy. I’m not sure if they released info on alternates before acceptances/rejections but I feel like they probably didn’t?

I found out from my recruiter yesterday that I’m on the alternates list for navy. I’m not sure if they released info on alternates before acceptances/rejections but I feel like they probably didn’t?
Has anyone else heard anything about the Navy?

That’s really strange...I don’t think they would create an alternate list unless they’ve gone through all of the applicants and actually decided who they would accept.

Well, hopefully this wait will encourage people who got accepted to branches other than the Navy to take those spots .

That’s really strange...I don’t think they would create an alternate list unless they’ve gone through all of the applicants and actually decided who they would accept.
She said they have a list of people accepted so I’m just on standby if any accepted people get cold feet. She said she got the unofficial list yesterday and would know more Monday.

Reactions: 3 users
Kansas City applicant here - GO CHIEEFFSSS !

For reference, I received Army 4 year last year and was notified 11:33am on February 13th by my recruiter. Good luck y’all!

Reactions: 4 users
For reference, I received Army 4 year last year and was notified 11:33am on February 13th by my recruiter. Good luck y’all!

What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking

21 DAT 3.89 GPA
Dang , good stats ! I have a 20 DAT and a 3.87 GPA. So we’ll see lol. But I’m also aware that SOM, LORs, leadership experience, etc. is all equally if not more important than DAT and GPA

Dang , good stats ! I have a 20 DAT and a 3.87 GPA. So we’ll see lol. But I’m also aware that SOM, LORs, leadership experience, etc. is all equally if not more important than DAT and GPA

What’s SOM?

She said they have a list of people accepted so I’m just on standby if any accepted people get cold feet. She said she got the unofficial list yesterday and would know more Monday.

Did you hear anything from your recruiter?

Has anyone else heard back yet? Got a call from my recruiter this morning, I'm in. But he said he's still waiting on documents and can't send me an acceptance email yet. Has anyone received acceptance emails?