Dental Help Asap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orange1642

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got temp crowns on 8+9. On tooth number 9, when I press on the root of the tooth, I feel pressure. By the root, I meant the tip of the tooth. The one where you gotta pull up your gums to see.

When I press on that spot, I feel pressure. It's not really bothering me. It doesn't hurt or anything. I'm taking Ibuyprofin just incase of an abscess, but I see no abscess forming.

What do you guys think the source of the pressure is from?

The temp on tooth number 9 doesn't fit right. When I bite down, tooth 9 does not touch the bottom tooth.
ex: When I bite down on a piece of paper(under tooth 9) I can pull it out easily, with no signs of tearing.

Just afraid of abscess... tooth 9 was crowned 2- (1st time was a bad job, 2nd time they had to shave a lot down)
Tooth 9 had no cavities, perfectly healthy tooth 2 months ago.

Members don't see this ad.

You're just going to be told to look somewhere else for medical/dental advice. Sorry.

So I got temp crowns on 8+9. On tooth number 9, when I press on the root of the tooth, I feel pressure. By the root, I meant the tip of the tooth. The one where you gotta pull up your gums to see.

When I press on that spot, I feel pressure. It's not really bothering me. It doesn't hurt or anything. I'm taking Ibuyprofin just incase of an abscess, but I see no abscess forming.

The temp on tooth number 9 doesn't fit right. When I bite down, tooth 9 does not touch the bottom tooth.
ex: When I bite down on a piece of paper(under tooth 9) I can pull it out easily, with no signs of tearing.

Just afraid of abscess... tooth 9 was crowned 2- (1st time was a bad job, 2nd time they had to shave a lot down)
I'm sorry. Please go talk to your dentist and get help ASAP. It's against the rules to give any health related advice on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get it checked by your dentists!!! I feel like I'm repeating what's already said on this thread but I can't stress it enough.

-Fyz

Your appendix?

Reactions: 2 users
I would get it checked out by a dental professional, especially if there is potentially an abscess there.

There's a reason why most health professionals don't give advice on public forums.

1. Biggest reason: Liability
2. A diagnosis implies that we looked at you which we haven't.
3. Soliciting for multiple opinions and implying that your tooth didn't have problems before... I wouldn't want to inherit any of these problems as that places a red flag on you as a patient.

I see this as a lesson for other dentists on spotting a difficult patient.