This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_GRUH

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am getting some contract offers and I’m finishing up Dental School now and I am wondering what does it mean to sign these contracts? I have some of the DSO’s giving an offer and putting an expiration date of like 10 days to sign? One in particular is Aspen and they said I would need to sign to go out for a site visit and if I don’t like it I can back out. Is that true? I was wondering what are the implications of signing the dental contract and what were to happen if you were to back out after signing if you had not worked a day for the company?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I am getting some contract offers and I’m finishing up Dental School now and I am wondering what does it mean to sign these contracts? I have some of the DSO’s giving an offer and putting an expiration date of like 10 days to sign? One in particular is Aspen and they said I would need to sign to go out for a site visit and if I don’t like it I can back out. Is that true? I was wondering what are the implications of signing the dental contract and what were to happen if you were to back out after signing if you had not worked a day for the company?

If there's no signing bonus and no non compete than probably nothing. It should stipulate consequences of breaking it.