Dental anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docasrpa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please post all doubts related to dental anatomy here..

The nonworking pathway of maxillary cusp on mn post teeth is towards ..
ans is DB
please explain..

Members don't see this ad.

now im super confused w/ this concavity/convexity.....i read a q in kaplan that said most concave angle on incisors and answer was max LI distal:(

Hi
The answer for Question 49 in NBDE 2004 pilot exam is Left lateral-laterotrusive. I feel its mediotrusive.
What do you guys think?

parallel to the rods and hypocalcified arising from DEJ are
a.tufts
b.hunter shreger bands
c.spindles

which of the foll. represents the root branch of mand. molars which is normally shortest in length
a.mesial of 1st
b.distal of 1st
c.mesial of 2nd
d.distal of 2nd

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys anyone knows what kind of secretion is testosteron secretion? endo or exo? mero/apo/holo?
thanx

a.tufts- ans
b.hunter shreger bands
c.spindles

which of the foll. represents the root branch of mand. molars which is normally shortest in length
a.mesial of 1st
b.distal of 1st
c.mesial of 2nd - ans

please coreect me if i am wrong

Can someone explain to me what is "incisal curvature of a cervical line" mean?

Here is the question:
Q. On permanent teeth, the greatest incisal curvature of a cervical line is on which surface of incisor?
A. Mesial - Mand central
B. Distal - Mand central
C. Mesial - Mand lateral
D. Distal - Max lateral
E. Mesial - Max central [Answer]

if u look at the diagrams of CI mesial side and compare with others u will notice that the cervical line is more towards the tooth surface incisal surface..so it has highest incisal curvature, compare it with distal. See diagrams

a.tufts- ans
b.hunter shreger bands
c.spindles

a.mesial of 1st
b.distal of 1st
c.mesial of 2nd - ans

please coreect me if i am wrong
i think .......d. distal of the 2nd
should be the ans. correct me if i am wrong

Hi
The answer for Question 49 in NBDE 2004 pilot exam is Left lateral-laterotrusive. I feel its mediotrusive.
What do you guys think?
no left lateral -laterotrusive is correct.if u read the question properly u will get the question,he is asking the path taken by the opposing cusp not mandibular movement.so its maxillary cusp which is moving medially.hope this helps you

i think .......d. distal of the 2nd
should be the ans. correct me if i am wrong

I fully agree with you shradha but i was giving the answer from the given choice so the distal of mandibular 2nd molar choice was not given in the question .. rest in wheelers it is given that the lenght of root of mandibular first molar is 14mm and lenght of root of mandibular second molar is 13mm.. so i think so i am clear with my answer.. rest i definitely agree with you ..:thumbup:

hey econservative that choice was given in the question if u see the post in which i asked this q ....so it means distal of second molar makes the right choice

hey econservative that choice was given in the question if u see the post in which i asked this q ....so it means distal of second molar makes the right choice

I apologize for the same the correct answer is distal root of mandibular second molar..

ok i have an issue with a question

in lateral excursion on a patient with ideal occlusion, the mesial ridge of the mandibular 1st PM contacts the

1. distolingual S. of maxillary canine
2. distolingual slope of buccal cusp of maxillary PM 1st
3. mesiolingual slope of buccal cusp of maxillary 1st PM
4. none of the above.

answer given is 3 but i fail to understand why and how. i tried looking in the mirror and all but i didnt get to have it. it would have been the case if the question was about distal cusp ridge. please let me know if someone can explain this.
Thanks