Dell vs. Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dudu11

Reaction score
Hey y’all,

Rank lists are due soon, and I need to make up my mind! I am stuck on choosing between Baylor and Dell, which I’m very fortunate to have prematches to. One of my main concerns about Baylor is that there’s a lot less time to do research than at Dell. Although the new curriculum opens up more time than before, Baylor’s schedule still seems pretty tight, with a few months during MS2 and then about a month during MS4 for an Inquiry Project (as opposed to the full Growth Year during MS3 at Dell for research/a master‘s). Is there enough time to both do abundant research and study for the Steps without having to tack on an extra year at Baylor? I’m hoping to match to some competitive specialty, so I’m trying to gauge which school will provide the best opportunities for me to build my application. I’d love to hear what y’all think!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Baylor
- MS4 at BCM who published over 10 papers without a research year
Wow, that’s awesome! How’d you manage to find the time? Mainly during MS1/MS3? Did you have a normal sleep schedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
If cost is not a factor between the 2, would be very hard for me to rank Dell above BCM

Reactions: 1 users