Technology Deleting songs from iPods

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fab4fan

TiredRetiredRN
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Is this possible?

2. How difficult is it?

3. Help would be greatly appreciated. There's gourmet chocolate as a reward for the first person to teach me how to do this and get it right! Seriously. (If you don't like chocolate, name a reward of = value). I've been messing around for a week with this and now I'm irritated.

Members don't see this ad.

Just uncheck it in iTunes and resync. Done. To do it manually this is the long answer.

I tried unchecking in iTunes and resyncing, but the songs didn't get delted. I'll try your other suggestion--thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your next challenge will be to explain unchecking, iTunes, and resyncing. God bless India.

I'm not exactly that clueless. :rolleyes: I'm not sure what your comment about India was supposed to mean. I'm not Indian. I use a Mac, so I don't have customer service issues.

Huh. I always manually add songs, which makes deleting them pretty easy too. I just pull up the ipod window...click on the song and hit delete.

I have a crap load of songs in my library that I could care less about and don't want them on my ipod.

Uncheck the song in the iTunes library

Plug in your iPod

On the summery tab of the iPod window in iTunes at the bottom there is an option to sync checked songs.

Resync and BAM you are done