(deleted)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted403310

(deleted)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just get a 26 or higher on the mcat and you'll probably get in somewhere.

But don't make the mistake of thinking you are unique. You have a couple unique features, but in my DMU interview there were 15 people and 7 of them had athletic training/exercise/sports med degrees.

Members don't see this ad :)
My brother acutally did something similar. He decided during his junior year in undergrad (he studied athletic training as well) that he wanted to go to med school. He busted his hump and worked really hard (4.0 at graduation), applied during the summer before his senior year, did a few interviews, and is now attending a DO school in iowa. Needless to say, his hard work paid off and he is happy at the school. It's definitely possible and I'd say your chances are actually pretty good, just keep pulling those grades up and do some MD or DO shadowing!

Last edited:
I really need some informed advice so any help would be sincerely appreciated, please!

This is kind of a "what are my chances" question but my situation is unique. Long story short I am an incoming Junior in one of the top Athletic Training programs in the country. Upon 100+ hours of PT shadowing and 700+ hours of AT experience I have discovered i want to follow my lifelong passion of medicine.

I converted my GPA to AMCAS myself

Overall = 3.65
Science = 3.17 <--- terrible i know, but this is only from 2 or 3 courses and I have YET to take any chem or physics and feel I can make A's in those and bring that up.

I have 2 years of college & my program left. I already have experience working in the NFL as an AT intern as well.

If i focus 150% these next 2-3 years, do you think I have a chance?

You have two years left! You have plenty of time to get that sGPA up and prepare to do well on the MCAT. Just do it.

Do you want to do PM&R?