[deleted)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bun209

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I will let others give advice regarding a school list, but as for the DUI: if you're able to successfully get it expunged prior to applying (not sure how that would work, considering you were convicted?), you don't need to report it in your AMCAS application (read page 24 of this guide). I'm in a similar situation to you in terms of red flags on my app, so I've read a lot about what does and doesn't need to be reported LOL. I really don't think it would be a good idea to bring it up in a personal statement.

However, if a school specifically asks about arrests/expunged records, that would be a different story. I think you would need to report the DUI in that case. But to my knowledge, there are very, very few schools that ask about expunged records.

I suggest doing Americorps for a gap year to leverage your advocacy. You could continue in your nonprofit. You are a stronger candidate for MPH only right now, and you should think about this.

The DUI hurts your chances, especially if this was a year ago.

You must set aside more time in a clinical setting, especially with scribing or shadowing.

You may have to retake the MCAT to give yourself enough time to allay any concerns with the DUI (meaning a couple more years from now). I'll let the other experts chime in.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah DUI is basically a no-go, it will be extremely hard to recover

• Sad
DUI from what I've heard is the type of issue that you need several years time between the incident and applying.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I’d be scared to have someone with a DUI as my doctor 😬 also the huge involvement in frat life in combination w that sizable blemish paints an unsavory image…

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.