*deleted*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midnightmd2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
*deleted*

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Based on this, I'm having a hard time creating a school list. I'm a non-traditional student and I feel like I am in the grey area between service-oriented and research-oriented schools.
There are some schools that do well in both such as UCSF and University of Chicago. All schools should appreciate that you were a firefighter.

Remove Arizona Phoenix, Penn State, Rosalind Franklin, Rowan, Rush, Toledo and UNC. They likely will think you will matriculate elsewhere and/or have strong in-state preferences.

Replace them with:
UCSF
VCU
USF
Rochester
Hofstra
Kaiser

Dartmouth has been known for being friendly to non-trads. Kaiser is LGBT friendly and many of the schools in large metropolitan areas should be as well (Keck, NYC schools, Chicago schools etc).

You have good chances of receiving several interviews. Please let us know how it goes.

Reactions: 1 users
Please take advantage of our forum (and some sticky posts) for LGBTQ+ applicants. Seek out the Medical Student Pride Alliance, and be watchful of appropriate signaling from diversity officers and affiliation groups at the medical schools you are looking at. Location is also at the forefront of many peoples' minds, but really see about the University (not just medical school)'s culture.