Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted943655

Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love some general perspective on this program as well. I was just accepted and as an Ohio resident I would love to know how this program is nationally viewed. I haven't heard anything bad about it, just curious as to what everyone else has heard. I would like to apply DO (preferably in OH) upon completion of the program.

I know that there is a thread for this program already, but it is a little outdated and would just like to see the general perspective on it.

I do understand that this program is only well-known in the region, but as someone who is a Texas resident and will not lose that by the time they apply next cycle, does the program still do a solid job of show Texas schools that I am capable and qualified as an applicant. I would still like to apply to Louisiana schools since I have strong ties there, but in general, I am wondering how success in this program will make me look to more national MD programs?
I wrote to the director for their health sciences certificate. I have a liberal arts degree and their entry requirement for that certificate is just an undergraduate degree. I have found most SMP programs want me to have all these prerequisites that I don't yet have and would cost me a fortune to take even at my in-state school here in Oregon. The certificate program is very affordable and student aid eligible. The SMP program they have requires prerequisites I don't have but I could see someone who is wanting to improve their gpa or retake some of these sciences could go with the health science certificate as well. I'll let you know what they tell me about that program. I know it's not their SMP program but I figured any information could be good. I too am curious on anyone's thoughts that are more recent on the program as well as the area. Jackson, MS is not a very safe city but I've heard Clinton is much better. My husband and I would need to rent a home locally and that piece of information is also important.