deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trequartista6

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You definitely will match but I wouldn't take any chances and apply very broadly, something like 80+ programs

Agreed with above. If you were US MD you'd be golden but IMG status will hold you back a bit. 80-100 apps should do it, now with virtual interviews still being a thing it's better to over-apply.

Current Status: MS4
School: US IMG (Australian medical school that does 3rd and 4th year at one clinical site in the US, thus I have a home DR program)
Step 1:
Step 2: 255
Clinical: H in all rotations except for P in OBGYN
Class rank: top 1/4
Research: 5 case radiology case reports, 1 unrelated basic science publication
Letters: IM, Surgery, Radiology, expect them all to be complimentary but not "best student I ever had" effusive (you get what I mean)
Miscellaneous: past experience at tech start-up, heavily involved at club level in sport I won't specify because it makes it very obvious who I am in real life, no red flags on application

Interested in seeing if I have a legitimate shot at matching DR despite being an IMG. Have an interest in urban programs in NYC but also would be happy at my home program.

Posted in the main forum because the WAMC sticky seemed dead and I could use some honest feedback.

Would you recommend DR aways in my case or would they still be too high risk/low reward to consider?

Is aiming to match in NYC unrealistic?
I have a hunch of what school you go to. Your app is pretty solid but like others said the IMG status can hurt you a bit. As far as matching, you will most likely match IMO. Apply broadly. The academic powerhouses in NYC will be tough. You will probably get a good # of IVs overall though.

Status
Not open for further replies.