[Deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

[Deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
As far as your chances at top-30 schools: you could have had more nonclinical volunteering. You could have also had clinical experience in a hospital or hospice; some adcoms consider EMS work to be glorified taxi driving. It’s not going to kill you, but isn’t helping you all that much. Odds are you’ll get some interviews and be accepted somewhere, though.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know which is more important to address. @Goro and @LizzyM might have more to add here. Other than the deficiencies addressed above, your app is strong, and you should get in somewhere. The stuff we're talking about is mostly important in your case for the top schools you're aiming for.

Will do, thanks for the advice. Write back to medical schools? As in send that letter or an update?

I meant that if you don't have an interview by Thanksgiving, that you should come back to this thread and let us know. You need to be patient. This process stretches for months and you may have one interview invitation by Thanksgiving and several more in the new year. We can give you more tips when we know where you stand by mid-to-late November.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Also, my CARS score was a 126, which is around 10% for a lot of the schools I am aiming for. Is there anyway to rectify this? Or do I just hope my other sections, GPA, and writing is good enough?

I think CARS is ok. My CArs is also not very high/also the 10th to 25th percentile at the mid to upper tier schools and I am under the impression that if you have other solid aspects, you will be fine. But Im no expert by any means