[deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted555445

[Deleted to disguise identifiable information]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So no direct patient contact? You have enough shadowing( different from clinical experience) but try to find a primary care doc and get some in that area . How about nonclinical service to the unserved/underserved in your community. Your list of schools will depend on your MCAT so come back when you have your score and people will help you out. As you know your current GPAs are well below average for matriculated MD students(3.7+). They are also low for DO but with a good MCAT you should be okay in that area.

Reactions: 1 user
So no direct patient contact? You have enough shadowing( different from clinical experience) but try to find a primary care doc and get some in that area . How about nonclinical service to the unserved/underserved in your community. Your list of schools will depend on your MCAT so come back when you have your score and people will help you out. As you know your current GPAs are well below average for matriculated MD students(3.7+). They are also low for DO but with a good MCAT you should be okay in that area.

No extended direct patient contact since volunteering in high school, not sure if that counts. I've been looking into shadowing and/or volunteering at a free clinic near me, but I'm running low on free time. I will do my best to get in front of patients for an extended period of time. Would it be better to get more clinical volunteering, or get more shadowing, if I had to pick one?

In addition, do you think I can make a reasonable case to forgive my gpa for MD's?

Clinical experience can be paid or volunteer. You have enough shadowing. You only need around 50 hours of shadowing but try to get some with a primary care doc. What did didin high school stays in high school unless you carried the activity with you to college. So it doesn’t sound like that’s the case with you. You need 150+ hours of clinical experience and 150+ hours of nonclinical volunteering.

Status
Not open for further replies.