[deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notyouraverageapplicant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take another year and do some more retakes and get it up above 3.2. That will make you more competative. Applying with a 2.7 is a good way to do are money to some schools. Unfortunately you will probably have to retake the MCAT of that is an old score. You have shown that you are capable though so just be patient and out in the time and you should be rewarded.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any school worth applying to with my current stats? Instead of retaking more classes, should I try a post bacc?? Thanks again so much!

In my opinion you would be wasting your money and be at a high risk of being a reapplicant with a 2.7 gpa on your app. Better you should retake the classes and get your gpa up and apply next cycle with the best app. If you want DO then just do grade replacement and apply when your gpa is up to snuff. That 32 MCAT is nice!

The fact that you are considering the Caribbean baffles me (the logic in your thinking needs some tweaking). It didn't take you a year to obtain a 2.7 gpa so you need to layout a plan to fix it now. You can fix your gpa by retaking any F/D/C you received in your coursework and shoot for DO (faster route to becoming a physician) or you can enroll in a SMP hosted at an allopathic school if you are boning for MD. Getting into medical school is not a race. Fix your gpa and apply to schools in the US before your MCAT expires.

Thank you for your reply. I would really like to start medical school by Fall 2017. Should I try Caribbean? Is there any school worth applying to with my current stats? Instead of retaking more classes, should I try a post bacc?? Thanks again so much!

Don't be an idiot and do that. With a 32 I would strongly press you to do an SMP at and allo school (Drexel) and the. Apply MD. If it's too expensive then just do a retake post bacc at a cc then apply DO.