[deleted]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicandtoughness

pewpew
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly, I won't really worry about it. Internship TDs will focus a lot more heavily on your actual doctoral practicum experience than your masters-level practica.
Agreed. A prac position or two at the doctoral level should be more than enough. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, thanks! As a follow-up question, does the focus of my doctoral research have any impact on my practical positions? For example, I'm actually interested in doing research at the adolescent level, but I want to work as a UCC psychologist eventually. The reasoning is twofold: there's actually not a lot of research done regarding college mental health (aside from some great work at UMich, UPitt, and UT Austin... all competitive to get in), my best mentorship/publication opportunities were involving adolescent interventions, and I already have strong established relationships with professors that focus on adolescent research.

Would that be a red flag when applying for UCC internship though? I've wanted a UCC internship for ages because that's where I want to eventually work in my career. But would they go, "Your entire doctoral research focuses on adolescents; you don't seem like you know what you want and aren't committed"?
University students range in age from adolescent to adult. Because UCCs are primarily psychotherapy oriented, they look much more closely at your clinical experience.