DO [Deleted post]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carrot395

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Deleted post]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am still in class for another month, then 7.5 weeks of dedicated period to study.

I hope you're trolling. If not, consider medication for that anxiety.

Serious answer is that's a very reasonable score for CBSE, even a good one. You haven't even covered all the material for school yet and still have all of dedicated to go... Relax.

Reactions: 4 users
I hope you're trolling. If not, consider medication for that anxiety.

Serious answer is that's a very reasonable score for CBSE, even a good one. You haven't even covered all the material for school yet and still have all of dedicated to go... Relax.

So even though they’re struggling with remembering most of the prior content from their classes, they’re still in good shape at this point? I’m only an Ms1, but I have a nagging anxiety that I’m going to be in similar position next year....good luck OP

Members don't see this ad :)
So even though they’re struggling with remembering most of the prior content from their classes, they’re still in good shape at this point? I’m only an Ms1, but I have a nagging anxiety that I’m going to be in similar position next year....good luck OP

Unless you've kept up with some form of spaced repetition since day 1, you probably won't remember all the little details about everything you've learned in medical school. Even with spaced repetition, it's unlikely you're going to remember it as well as you did the night before your exams.

When you review old material come dedicated, the little bits and pieces come back and fit together, easier than learning it from scratch like you did before. The better you learned and understood it the first time around, the easier it will come back.

Agree that this is needless anxiety. You have always 2 months of dedicated time. Assuming you put in reasonable, consistent effort, your score will improve quite substantially.

i started off in the 180s too, got 240s on the actual thing. Dw, ull be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
To echo the above post, I also got a ~188 on the baseline test (which was actually only a few days before my dedicated 6 week Step study time) and then got a 245-250 on the actual thing 6 weeks later. You will be fine if you put in the work during your dedicated time. Anecdotally, pretty much everyone I know failed the baseline test. Don't sweat it.

Reactions: 2 users
thats a fine start. just relax. taking first NBME soon here and probably not going to pass either. here is an example of someone scoring low at start and killing it to help you feel better

Reactions: 2 users