Degree question... Currently a Paramedic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michmedic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just have a question about my degree choice. I currently am a Paramedic here in Michigan. I'm going to a well known small university in SE Michigan. They have a Bachelors Degree in Paramedic Technology. Ultimately, it is a degree in applied sciences. Do you see that as a problem to get into a Medical school? From my research on here, it does not matter as long as you have your sciences and math classes completed. Is that fair to say? I appreciate your time. P.S I am just coming off a 24. Sorry if my grammar is a tad bit sloppy.

Members don't see this ad.

Degree doesn't matter. Mine is in interdisciplinary studies (literally a degree in miscellaneous) and I matriculated in August. Just get your prerequisite and get good grades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Already answered but he is right. Do well. Get your pre-recs and there shouldn't be an issue. I was a music major turned Firefighter/Paramedic.

Reactions: 1 user
I should of elaborated more. It is a Applied Sciences degree. They consider it an "inverted" degree. Meaning that I brought in my Paramedic license and all of my fire licenses. In return you almost fulfill all of your required classes besides approximately 6 courses. Ever heard of such a thing?

Yeah. As long as it's a bachelors it won't matter. Again, do well in classes, make sure you get all the prerecs, and MCAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if I don't get into med school ? Do I have to go back to school again to be able to get a good paying job? I don't know what to major in so that I can have a "plan B" incase I don't get accepted to med school..

Thanks I appreciate it. All my questions are answered. Adina, Don't think like that. Make yourself succeed!

I had no plan b...

What if I don't get into med school ? Do I have to go back to school again to be able to get a good paying job? I don't know what to major in so that I can have a "plan B" incase I don't get accepted to med school..

Depends what your base degree is, but chances are if it isn't some form of engineering/business then yes you would need more schooling.

PA school....