Deftones Commin' To Jets Domain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Gotta buddy who toured with Deftones for six months....Deftones commin' to House of Blues New Orleans next weekend....goin' with said buddy to chat with Chino Moreno before the gig, then watch him rock da house from rail seats in the Foundation Room....

guess this city does have some redeeming qualities....

Members don't see this ad.

Speaking of rocking, just saw Soul Asylum at the Double Door here in chicago. Sure, their drummer is 400+lbs, but they bring the heat of 1000 white hot suns.

Speaking of rocking, just saw Soul Asylum at the Double Door here in chicago. Sure, their drummer is 400+lbs, but they bring the heat of 1000 white hot suns.

I'm not a huge Soul Asylum fan, but I've seen easily 100+ concerts (most between the years of '87 and '97) and Soul Asylum sticks out in my mind as one of those bands that is a whole different act when playing live - great sound, great energy and stage presence. Saw them in Ithaca in 1993 or 94 at the Haunt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of you guys know my affinity for TOOL. But the best concern I have seen was the Black Crows in Albuquerue with Jimmy Page. 2 1/2 hrs of Zepplin with only about 4 Crows songs mixed in.

Oh and the CULT opened up for them.

Gotta buddy who toured with Deftones for six months....Deftones commin' to House of Blues New Orleans next weekend....goin' with said buddy to chat with Chino Moreno before the gig, then watch him rock da house from rail seats in the Foundation Room....

guess this city does have some redeeming qualities....

Sounds good man. I saw deftones play at a VERY small venue in Columbus, OH (Alrosa Villa, anyone?) before they hit it big. They put on a good show. Heard anything off their new album yet? I've heard rumors that it may be more on the lighter side, which has me worried. I wnat a full report Jet.

As for concerts, I've seen Ministry play live many times, and that craziness can't be beat. Fear Factory could tear it up also.

Most of you guys know my affinity for TOOL. But the best concern I have seen was the Black Crows in Albuquerue with Jimmy Page. 2 1/2 hrs of Zepplin with only about 4 Crows songs mixed in.

Oh and the CULT opened up for them.

that's hot. very, very hot.

that's hot. very, very hot.

Why no love for the Decemberists? No Indie fans here. They'll be at the House of Blues New Orleans this month too. That's the show I'll catch, and maybe the deftones too.

Here are some nice lines from the Decemberists for LA non-fans:
But oh, the smell of burnt cocaine
The dolor and decay
It only makes me cranky
Oh great calamity,
Ditch of iniquity and tears
How I abhor this place
Its sweet and bitter taste
Has left me wretched, retching on all fours
Los Angeles, I'm yours

Why no love for the Decemberists? No Indie fans here. They'll be at the House of Blues New Orleans this month too. That's the show I'll catch, and maybe the deftones too.

Here are some nice lines from the Decemberists for LA non-fans:
But oh, the smell of burnt cocaine
The dolor and decay
It only makes me cranky
Oh great calamity,
Ditch of iniquity and tears
How I abhor this place
Its sweet and bitter taste
Has left me wretched, retching on all fours
Los Angeles, I'm yours

who said there was no love for the decemberists? although I am not sold on the new album in its entirety. if I were you, I would go see imogen heap at the HOB as well... because I have little conflict listening to her and maynard back-to-back in my playlists ;)