Declining at Fresno / Sacramento State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

richmond

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone (or anyone that you know) declining or withdrawing from the waitlist at Fresno State or Sacramento State.
If withdrawing, what number were you on the waitlist?
Also does anyone know how many people were accepted from the waitlist at these two schools in previous years?
Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I know that a few of the current PT students at Fresno were accepted off the wait-list. One of my buddies was accepted 2 weeks prior to the first day. I'm on the waitlist for Fresno and hoping that we hear something within the next week and half here. I can't say if every accepted student will accept the offer or not. Most students have multiple acceptances like myself, but Fresno is my #1. I know that students have to respond with a letter post-marked Feb. 29th... give that another 4-5 days and then Ashley will be able to give us a better waitlist number.

last year Fresno went down 2 spot from waitlist

so i dont expect much

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told they went down to #29 on Sac State's waitlist last year, but that no one should use that as a predictor. It's different every year, and there's just no way to know what this year will be like.. I'm really hoping I get offered admission off the waitlist; Sac State is my #1 choice.

I was told they went down to #29 on Sac State's waitlist last year, but that no one should use that as a predictor. It's different every year, and there's just no way to know what this year will be like.. I'm really hoping I get offered admission off the waitlist; Sac State is my #1 choice.
What makes sac state your number one choice if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not the guy you asked, but CSUS is also my first choice.

1.) Its closest to home. Its actually my undergrad school. 2.) They have a nursing cohort as well that runs sims along with PT in their simulation lab. Its small lab but its very similar to a hospital room. 3.) Living expenses in sac are the lowest in comparison to other areas with pt school. I think rent for a single bedroom can be 350-400 per month and that's within walking distance to the campus. They're also building a grad only dorm. I think you can live well with 10k per year while other places will run you 10k+ just for rent. 4.) Recreations are in abundance for when you get days off. Snow, Beach, Lakes, Hiking, SF, Camping, Amusement Parks are all within 2 hr drive. 5.) It's the city of trees. You'll always find a shade during hot days in the campus which is absolutely beautiful during fall. 6.) CSUS has a tremendous amount of athletes. I think almost 30% of the students compete in NCAA or sports club, and they all go to the ATC and PT clinics offered year round. 7.) Relatively low crime. The last reported crime on campus was some random dude slapping a female student's ass while biking. He got caught within the hour. SacState boasts one of the lowest sex harassment campuses despite having almost 2/3 students being female. 8.) Our gym is beautiful.

There's more but I'm sleepy.

I'm not the guy you asked, but CSUS is also my first choice.

1.) Its closest to home. Its actually my undergrad school. 2.) They have a nursing cohort as well that runs sims along with PT in their simulation lab. Its small lab but its very similar to a hospital room. 3.) Living expenses in sac are the lowest in comparison to other areas with pt school. I think rent for a single bedroom can be 350-400 per month and that's within walking distance to the campus. They're also building a grad only dorm. I think you can live well with 10k per year while other places will run you 10k+ just for rent. 4.) Recreations are in abundance for when you get days off. Snow, Beach, Lakes, Hiking, SF, Camping, Amusement Parks are all within 2 hr drive. 5.) It's the city of trees. You'll always find a shade during hot days in the campus which is absolutely beautiful during fall. 6.) CSUS has a tremendous amount of athletes. I think almost 30% of the students compete in NCAA or sports club, and they all go to the ATC and PT clinics offered year round. 7.) Relatively low crime. The last reported crime on campus was some random dude slapping a female student's ass while biking. He got caught within the hour. SacState boasts one of the lowest sex harassment campuses despite having almost 2/3 students being female. 8.) Our gym is beautiful.

There's more but I'm sleepy.
Haha get some sleep! I'd love to talk to you some more tomorrow if you don't mind answering more questions :)) were you accepted to csus?

I think @ptforgamers hit the nail on the head on all my reasons :) A big part of it for me is the affordability of the area for what you get: an up-and-coming food scene, proximity to outdoor activities, etc. I would enjoy actually living there for 3 years, probably so much as to stay there to practice after the program. I also really vibed with the people I met during interview day, which is something that happens or it doesn't.

Haha get some sleep! I'd love to talk to you some more tomorrow if you don't mind answering more questions :)) were you accepted to csus?

sure, just fire off and I'll answer if I have one.

Unfortunately not, I was waitlisted #22. I was very nervous on the way and I fumbled on a lot of my answers. I also screwed up my fall grades with a C in a prereq.

sure, just fire off and I'll answer if I have one.

Unfortunately not, I was waitlisted #22. I was very nervous on the way and I fumbled on a lot of my answers. I also screwed up my fall grades with a C in a prereq.
is it known that csus has a good physical therapy program? Obviously I see that it has great stats but is it well known?

is it known that csus has a good physical therapy program? Obviously I see that it has great stats but is it well known?

Its very well known among the top hospitals in northern cali. It's not to the same level as samuel merritt, ucsf, and usc, but every PT I shadowed in the UC Med center and other hospitals I volunteered at told me very good things about the CSUS PT students they take in for rotations. I also encountered Fresno, Sam Merritt U students, and it was SMU>CSUS>CSUF in how well PTS regard their student PTs

Declined my waitlist spot for CSU Fresno, but I was in the 40s, so not sure it'll help anyone.

A lot of movement on the Sac State waiting list! Moved up 10 spots! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
Is that a fact? it doesn't seem right, given that it is Fresno..
For what's it worth, it's word for word from the director of their DPT program. The information was given during the QA at the end.