DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine Part 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it just me or is waiting for the reply from DCOM worse than the interview day itself? I wish I had been stamped in the forehead as I left my interview with acceptance or rejection. You guys are already set aren't ya?

Good Luck!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I had my physical yesterday and all went well. No gross deformities or mental incapacities (well, at least according to the doctor, my wife my say otherwise though :smuggrin: ). I had all but the Hep B titer done (not finished with vaccine, will be next month though) so I will find out those results soon.

I couldn't find any of the insurance info either, so hopefully that will be put up soon. Also, we need some new pictures of the building -its been almost 3 weeks since the last pic. Finally, I WANT MY T-SHIRT!!! Has anyone found any DCOM stuff???

DocMom - it is time to work your DCOM magic again!!!

*does sparkle fingers for DocMom*

Is it just me or is waiting for the reply from DCOM worse than the interview day itself? I wish I had been stamped in the forehead as I left my interview with acceptance or rejection. You guys are already set aren't ya?

Yeah, the waiting sucks, but at least DCOM meets weekly, so your response will come quickly. When I interviewed at CCOM, I had to wait about 6 weeks for a response :eek: only to be waitlisted. That was some agony right there, especially since it was very early in the interview season. But in some ways, it was a blessing b/c if I had been accepted right away, I never would have applied to DCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)

I agree. I didn't even really get nervous until after the interview. Once you get the acceptance though it's a big relief. Good luck!

Well, I had my physical yesterday and all went well. No gross deformities or mental incapacities (well, at least according to the doctor, my wife my say otherwise though :smuggrin: ). I had all but the Hep B titer done (not finished with vaccine, will be next month though) so I will find out those results soon.

I couldn't find any of the insurance info either, so hopefully that will be put up soon. Also, we need some new pictures of the building -its been almost 3 weeks since the last pic. Finally, I WANT MY T-SHIRT!!! Has anyone found any DCOM stuff???

LOL! Well, I will do what I can. I want to know what the insurance is too and I WANT A DCOM SHIRT!!!!:laugh:

I am going to take a trip to Harrogate this weekend and check out the building and the med student housing. I'll take pictures and post them on here when I get back!:D

I am going to take a trip to Harrogate this weekend and check out the building and the med student housing. I'll take pictures and post them on here when I get back!:D

Look for t-shirts!!!! and sweatshirts, and bumper stickers... ya know the usual... :) :)

Does anyone know if we have to be certified in CPR prior to matriculation or will we become certified during school? I have seen it both ways for other schools.

LOL! Well, I will do what I can. I want to know what the insurance is too and I WANT A DCOM SHIRT!!!!:laugh:
I just spoke to Pat Peace, the women in charge of financial aid, and she said Dr. Leo verified that insurance info will be on the DCOM website within 24hrs. Unfortunately for me, I don't think that it is going to help. It sounds like anyone with a pre-existing condition is not covered within the first year.:oops:

Does anyone know if we have to be certified in CPR prior to matriculation or will we become certified during school? I have seen it both ways for other schools.

Good question, I was wondering that myself since I am not certified. :confused:

I just spoke to Pat Peace, the women in charge of financial aid, and she said Dr. Leo verified that insurance info will be on the DCOM website within 24hrs. Unfortunately for me, I don't think that it is going to help. It sounds like anyone with a pre-existing condition is not covered within the first year.:oops:

Well, from what I understand there are 2 types of pre-existing:

1. The idea that anything major is pre-existing and that sucks for you, so insurance won't cover it

or...

2. As long as you have had insurance for the past 90 days before kicking in, the insurance will pay for it

P.S. I hate insurance companies:mad:

Well, from what I understand there are 2 types of pre-existing:

1. The idea that anything major is pre-existing and that sucks for you, so insurance won't cover it

or...

2. As long as you have had insurance for the past 90 days before kicking in, the insurance will pay for it

P.S. I hate insurance companies:mad:
I don't understand this part... please explain.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
This is just for my current insurance...

My wife had a pre-existing condition. The new insurance said that they would cover this, as long as she had some sort of coverage for the 3 months prior to the new insurance starting. She did, and so the condition is currently covered. Hopefully when the school insurance kicks in, they will cover this condition as well.

Has anyone looked into Medicaid? From what I understand the kiddos would qualify. Would us and our spouses qualify too?

I was planning on keeping my insurance from work for the next few years, since my name will still be involved in the business and to keep my wife and daughter covered. I'm curious though whether it's sufficient for medical school standards or if the school's insurance is even better.

BAH! why am i getting ahead of myself, gotta get accepted first.sheesh. I called yesterday to find out, and Carney had missed his meeting with Dr. Stowers, so, he couldn't tell me anything.

I was planning on keeping my insurance from work for the next few years, since my name will still be involved in the business and to keep my wife and daughter covered. I'm curious though whether it's sufficient for medical school standards or if the school's insurance is even better.

Keep what you have.

Thanks kicia...you're all right in my book :thumbup:

If I don't get in this year, I'll be glad to be your classmate....us dumb Pollacks will have to keep people in line (and pound a few drinks once in a while) ;)

Hey Segar..have you heard anything from DCOM yet? I know you and I interviewed together..that's why im asking..thanks

BAH! why am i getting ahead of myself, gotta get accepted first.sheesh. I called yesterday to find out, and Carney had missed his meeting with Dr. Stowers, so, he couldn't tell me anything.

When did you interview knightskies1? thanks

comic35.gif

some new pics are up!

Out of curiousity, do you usually find out via phone, email, or snail mail?

This wait is killing me.

Most people get a phone call but not all. Otherwise it'll be a letter just regular mail. I got a call and then didn't get my acceptance letter for another 2 or 3 weeks after. I was starting to think they'd made a mistake...

Is anyone else worried about our housing situation???Everyone staying in the old Hotel?any Colts fans?

Hey Segar..have you heard anything from DCOM yet? I know you and I interviewed together..that's why im asking..thanks

I haven't heard anything. So, if Paul Carney missed his meeting with Dr. Stowers, I wonder if that means nothing happens until they meet??

I'm trying not to read too far into things, but, like everyone has said, it's so frustrating waiting for an answer.

Is anyone else worried about our housing situation???Everyone staying in the old Hotel?any Colts fans?

What's to be afraid of, besides those drunkards ... :barf:

I'm an instructor for American Heart so if we need to I can teach a class just before school starts if people need it. I have no clue when they want it though.

This is just for my current insurance...

My wife had a pre-existing condition. The new insurance said that they would cover this, as long as she had some sort of coverage for the 3 months prior to the new insurance starting. She did, and so the condition is currently covered. Hopefully when the school insurance kicks in, they will cover this condition as well.

Has anyone looked into Medicaid? From what I understand the kiddos would qualify. Would us and our spouses qualify too?

Kids might depending on finances (you can't have insurence that can cover them), but no adults unless you have a disability. In TN it's called Tenncare -by the way, it sucks!

Um... that last post didn't relay what I was trying to say. We do not have puking in common, just a shared hatred for the banjo?!

I am working temporarily at one of the hospitals you all will have as a clinical site (although I am in Michigan due to a family medical emergency at the moment) and I must say that I am VERY impressed with the hospital's administration and the way they have treated me. I should mention that I'm there because the hospital's normal staff is on strike over a stupid $25 a month increase in insurance premiums, but still I think the people I have delt with are superb and the scenery is quite beautiful for the most part. I highly recommend the ARH hospitals.

BTW DoctorMom, I put in a good word for you with the CEO at the facility and he said he would pass the positive opinion on to his superiors once he has the chance. :D

Um... that last post didn't relay what I was trying to say. We do not have puking in common, just a shared hatred for the banjo?!

LMAO!!! Yea, I was wondering what you meant by that last post.:laugh:

I am working temporarily at one of the hospitals you all will have as a clinical siteand I must say that I am VERY impressed with the hospital's administration and the way they have treated me. I should mention that I'm there because the hospital's normal staff is on strike over a stupid $25 a month increase in insurance premiums, but still I think the people I have delt with are superb and the scenery is quite beautiful for the most part. I highly recommend the ARH hospitals.

BTW DoctorMom, I put in a good word for you with the CEO at the facility and he said he would pass the positive opinion on to his superiors once he has the chance. :D

THANK YOU! That is good information too.:)

so while i am working on my post count.... how is everyone doing tonight?:D

I am as always tired, but doing great as i found out i am still getting A's in all my classes (except for orgo:rolleyes: ) and i am on schedule with my MCAT studying. Just need to do 50 more problems and i will be done with my 200 gen chem in EK 1001....which means i will have 801 more to go:laugh:
:smuggrin: just wait and i will start raving i love MCAT...in that instance please press the # key and then tell me to cut on coffee and sleep more then 3hr/night:laugh:

so while i am working on my post count.... how is everyone doing tonight?:D

I am as always tired, but doing great as i found out i am still getting A's in all my classes (except for orgo:rolleyes: ) and i am on schedule with my MCAT studying. Just need to do 50 more problems and i will be done with my 200 gen chem in EK 1001....which means i will have 801 more to go:laugh:
:smuggrin: just wait and i will start raving i love MCAT...in that instance please press the # key and then tell me to cut on coffee and sleep more then 3hr/night:laugh:

LOL! Love and MCAT....:scared: That is a scary thought!

I am good. Bored, but good. I had orgo tonight and always drink coffee before class and then I can't sleep. So, now I am watching some stupid movie on Lifetime because the show on the Discovery Health Channel I have seen four times. I love the discovery health channel.:love: Always the nerd....:laugh: I can't wait for orgo to be done.:sleep:

We are supposed to close on the house on Thursday, but it has been a really up and down, crazy ride, so we will see. Everything is almost done, but I just can't wait for it to be over. I am really looking forward to getting down there and starting school. I am so excited!:love:

LOL! Love and MCAT....:scared: That is a scary thought!

I am good. Bored, but good. I had orgo tonight and always drink coffee before class and then I can't sleep. So, now I am watching some stupid movie on Lifetime because the show on the Discovery Health Channel I have seen four times. I love the discovery health channel.:love: Always the nerd....:laugh: I can't wait for orgo to be done.:sleep:

We are supposed to close on the house on Thursday, but it has been a really up and down, crazy ride, so we will see. Everything is almost done, but I just can't wait for it to be over. I am really looking forward to getting down there and starting school. I am so excited!:love:

that is great. I hope the closing and moving will go well for you. Yeah...i am there right with you in terms of orgo:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: i can't wait for it to be over. 4 more weeks...eh.
I can't wait to be excited about starting med school....hopefull i will be getting into that mood in a year:D

that is great. I hope the closing and moving will go well for you. Yeah...i am there right with you in terms of orgo:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: i can't wait for it to be over. 4 more weeks...eh.
I can't wait to be excited about starting med school....hopefull i will be getting into that mood in a year:D

You will be there in a year. I am sure of it.:) :luck: My final is May 15, so I have a little longer than you do, but it will be over soon enough.:D